Five Favorites (2010-2011) - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    More more more backcountry skiing, especially in the Pemigewasset Wilderness. Have learned a lot over the last year of places to explore, and scouted out many places this summer too.

That and snowmobile/ski trips, girlfriend and I have talked about this for years now and hopefully we will knock down some trips this winter. This will consist of snowmobiling up and taking old logging roads or sluices to the bottom. We'll switch skiing and driving each run. Many opportunities in the nawth country await!!
    Screw My Car, My Body Climbed Mount Washington!

www.SKiNE.net

Those are some ridiculously good pictures AWF. And yes, a little more fresh powder on Osceola would have been nice.

I've also got some Pemi on my mind. I'm interested in checking out Lincoln's Chin? (the east side slide) as well as the Guyot and W. Bond slides.

I'd like to hit some of the classics still on my list: Moosilauke, Doublehead, Wildcat Trail, Mansfield... as well as some off the radar stuff (Northern NH, VT). I think I'm due for a trip to the ADK's too.

I've tried to build ALOT of flexibility in my list, given that local conditions really dictate what can/should get skied. I probably won't hit half of the stuff I've put together, but it is nice to dream.

Well, my strategy is to make it to Wildcat at least for the 2 days I've done in the past few years. Sunday River and Loon is just unavoidable in my book since they have so much clout in my mind as someone is almost always heading up there. There's enough places to hide when it gets busy at Sunday River, and Loon is OK if I use my common sense and go when it's not looking to be as busy. And I'll try to do a few more day trips to Wachusett this year too; mostly as additional skiing days. I'm going to try to make it to a few others depending on how schedules, weather, deals, and etc. goes as the season progresses. Hoping that at least a day at someplace I've never been to or haven't done in a few years becomes feasible as the season progresses (Stowe, Sugarbush, MRG, Cannon, among a few others)

There are a couple slides on Hancock that are worth having a look (must be done early in the spring). You are a good ways out there if anything happens however.....

Thread Information