Loon Mountain's Triple Trouble is OPEN

AlpineZone

Loon Mountain's Triple Trouble is OPEN

Triple Trouble at Loon Mountain in NH is open. This EXPERT ONLY trail is full of soft powder, on top of steep terrain worth waiting this late in the season for.
    The trail is accessible from the East Basin or North Peak Chairs. If you like steep and deep in NH take advantage of this trail.

Welcome to the board. I like this specialized post. Is Triple Trouble rarely open?

i don't seem to remember triple trouble being that steep. certainly not as steep as some other trails at loon such as angel street and maybe flume? maybe i'm being forgetful cause i haven't been there in a few years, but i remember triple trouble not being a very tough black diamond trail aside from it's natural snow conditions? maybe i'm not remembering correctly...

i agree with joshuaB though, nice choice of specific topic. did you ski this trail recently?
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il
    i don't seem to remember triple trouble being that steep. certainly not as steep as some other trails at loon such as angel street and maybe flume? maybe i'm being forgetful cause i haven't been there in a few years, but i remember triple trouble not being a very tough black diamond trail aside from it's natural snow conditions? maybe i'm not remembering correctly...

i agree with joshuaB though, nice choice of specific topic. did you ski this trail recently?
    I skied it with Charlie on Monday (check my Loon TR). I think the natural snow in addition to the relative steepness makes it as challenging as it is. Also the approach from Can't Dog is always tricky. Monday by far was the best day with a few inches of fresh from Sunday. The trail firmed up throughout the week...

Good skiing with you again Charlie!
    I ski double black diamonds.

Thread Information