• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Loon Mountain's Triple Trouble is OPEN

Charlie Schuessler

Triple Trouble at Loon Mountain in NH is open. This EXPERT ONLY trail is full of soft powder, on top of steep terrain worth waiting this late in the season for.
The trail is accessible from the East Basin or North Peak Chairs. If you like steep and deep in NH take advantage of this trail.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i don't seem to remember triple trouble being that steep. certainly not as steep as some other trails at loon such as angel street and maybe flume? maybe i'm being forgetful cause i haven't been there in a few years, but i remember triple trouble not being a very tough black diamond trail aside from it's natural snow conditions? maybe i'm not remembering correctly...

i agree with joshuaB though, nice choice of specific topic. did you ski this trail recently?

Greg

Staff member
riverc0il said:
i don't seem to remember triple trouble being that steep. certainly not as steep as some other trails at loon such as angel street and maybe flume? maybe i'm being forgetful cause i haven't been there in a few years, but i remember triple trouble not being a very tough black diamond trail aside from it's natural snow conditions? maybe i'm not remembering correctly...

i agree with joshuaB though, nice choice of specific topic. did you ski this trail recently?
I skied it with Charlie on Monday (check my Loon TR). I think the natural snow in addition to the relative steepness makes it as challenging as it is. Also the approach from Can't Dog is always tricky. Monday by far was the best day with a few inches of fresh from Sunday. The trail firmed up throughout the week...

Good skiing with you again Charlie!