From Utah: Park City Resorts Wish to Connect (UPDATED 2014 for ONE WASATCH Project) - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 110
  1. #21
    Thanks for the links; I came across the Epic Ski thread yesterday.

    Just looking at the topo from Google Maps, I'd be real surprised if they could connect the bottom of MB with Mary Ellen Gulch. Looks way to flat.

    Sorry about all the questions and thanks for the responses!

  2. #22
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    21,108
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    Thanks for the links; I came across the Epic Ski thread yesterday.

    Just looking at the topo from Google Maps, I'd be real surprised if they could connect the bottom of MB with Mary Ellen Gulch. Looks way to flat.

    Sorry about all the questions and thanks for the responses!
    No problem man and welcome to the boards. I don't quite understand the concept either as I have not ventured back there to get a lay of the land. Look me up if you are out here and maybe we can take a few runs.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  3. #23
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    21,108
    Update:

    Both sides are getting entrenched and things are getting hot.

    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=2011...&s_cid=queue-2

    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53...ident.html.csp
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  4. #24
    ScottySkis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!
    Posts
    9,486
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Update:

    Both sides are getting entrenched and things are getting hot.

    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=2011...&s_cid=queue-2

    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53...ident.html.csp
    I'm unfortunately not surprised, when I rode the ski bus a few years ago seem like alta employees and snowbird employees are like hostel to each other, especially if you asked which mountain was better, i said i think their both great.


  5. #25
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    21,108
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  6. #26
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    21,108
    The latest with a link to a NY Times Article:

    http://unofficialnetworks.com/york-t...ngress-100968/
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  7. #27
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    21,108
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54...ndola.html.csp

    Canyons took the press on a tour of the proposed lift line. Still on the fence about this one, especially considering that Talisker is trying to oust PCMR and take that over. If they buy Solitude then we have a monstrosity.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  8. #28
    The 11K length of the gondola really puts how close the two ski areas are in perspective. That's the same length as the Slide Brook Quad connecting Lincoln Peak and Mt. Ellen at Sugarbush.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    The 11K length of the gondola really puts how close the two ski areas are in perspective. That's the same length as the Slide Brook Quad connecting Lincoln Peak and Mt. Ellen at Sugarbush.
    Wow I guess I didn't realize they were that close.

    Is it just going to be a transfer lift, or are they planning to have skiing between them?
    2014-2015

    Ski Days in PA
    Ski Days in VT
    Total Ski Days


    http://www.alpinereplay.com/settings/sessionsheets

  10. #30
    As long as it's not the Single chairlift from Hell

    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

    Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

    Get AZ on your mobile phone!


    2011/12 Days:
    12/20, 12/29, 1/11, 1/22, 1/25, 2/5,2/19, 3/30, 3/31, 4/1
    2012/13 Days: 12/27, 12/28, 1/5, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 3/21, 3/23, 3/24

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 PM.