• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lye brook, Vt - week ago

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hiked Lye Brook in Manchester, VT last week and yes besides what some people may have heard the falls are still there. Irene definitely made its mark and the trail stayed intact until right before the falls which is where people may have gotten a bit confused. A major landslide happened about 200 yards before the falls *pics below* so some assumed they got washed away but if you cross the landslide the falls may have shifted a little bit but are still there and beautiful as ever. I don't find this hike very difficult but it is really to interact with other hikers (met a few post tailgaters :beer:) and seeing the falls at the end, especially in autumn is a really nice reward.. Anyways, here's the landslide...keep walking and you'll find the falls.

009-2.jpg

020-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

026-2.jpg

024-2.jpg

025-2.jpg

027-2.jpg

022-2.jpg

029-2.jpg

044.jpg

034-2.jpg

alexicasiano3

Wow! that really is an awesome place for hiking...i'm into mountain biking and how i wish i could hike there! thank you for sharing that nice pic!

pedxing

Thanks for the pics, enjoyed the dogs, the falls and the scenery - interested by the landslide pic. I've been through that area a few times, doing the LT and doing Branch Pond trail, but never the Lye Brook. I'll have to give it shot some time.