• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Choosing a ski jacket

bigbog

Even though I haven't purchased one (yet)..any of Patagucci's Vests(Nano Puff and/or Down Sweater Vest) look pretty versatile... day in & day out = everywhere...if you have the other stuff to keep the arms warm...that is...on a non-snow day. $.01.

Last edited:

wa-loaf

+1

The collar on it came up around my eyeballs. I like to stay zipped all the way up, so that was a bit of a problem for me. Nice jacket, though, just not for me.

For me it was just the L fit like an XL and the medium was too small.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
No but I tried a Mammut on that I absolutely loved... Fit was great..... A bit pricey though. I think it was over 5 bones

thetrailboss

Staff member
No but I tried a Mammut on that I absolutely loved... Fit was great..... A bit pricey though. I think it was over 5 bones

Check out ClimbHigh.com. They have some Mammut stuff left. You can also see if anyone has it online.....

wa-loaf

this was the mammot .... the color was that a lil bit excessive

I like to look for a deal as much as the next guy, but I also recognize if I've got the right thing in my hands sometimes it's worth the extra bucks.

legalskier

I tried on a lot of jackets lately and found one by a manufacturer I never heard of before that fit me well. The price was $350. I went home, looked online and found last year's model for $159- the Eider "Wesson" jacket. Found it on sale at evo.com. Fits perfectly, it has all the features I wanted.

eider-wesson-jacket-xl-kaki.jpg

bigbog

In going with the Holiday college rage...there's a green one by either Oakley or Orage:dontknow:..(much nicer shade than the lime(ie snot)-green)...there's an "O" on the upper end of the zipper's outside flap.
Snowmonster...have you seen yet?