• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Maine areas will you ski/board in 2011-12?

What Maine areas will you ski/board in 2011-12?

• Sunday River

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Sugarloaf

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Saddleback

Votes: 21 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm going to try a poll of VT-NH-ME-NY biggies and see what the profile of this group looks like. Yeah, I'm leaving out the smaller places, and deliberately omitting MA and CT. We can have a mega-poll if this works out. Of course you can vote for as many resorts/hills as you want. But you're only allowed one vote per hill.

bigbog

Guess I should put in a vote for Saddleback.... The Loaf is a given, but Saddleback's a close 2nd...just another 20mi+....:roll:...but a lot of fun as much more pow remains after the first three hours...lol.

Watatic Skier

Sunday River probably a few times, want to go to Sugarloaf atleast once though.

mlkrgr

Sunday River is a given for me! It's just too easy to make it there as there's someone almost always going up there! But it's all good.

jerryg

Touch 'em all. 8)

+1 one on that one.

If you're not too far away and we've received some good snow, I recommend that anyone try Camden Snowbowl at least once. Enjoy the views of the ocean and have fun in an atmosphere that is not only a throwback to times gone by, by a laid back vibe, about 900 feet of vert and some pretty good glades.

And Mt. Abram is fantastic. Should be in the poll. Varying terrain and no crowds. Check it!

Tooth

+1 one on that one.

If you're not too far away and we've received some good snow, I recommend that anyone try Camden Snowbowl at least once. Enjoy the views of the ocean and have fun in an atmosphere that is not only a throwback to times gone by, by a laid back vibe, about 900 feet of vert and some pretty good glades.

And Mt. Abram is fantastic. Should be in the poll. Varying terrain and no crowds. Check it!

+1. The Snow Bowl is a great spot. Always fun. Has everything for a super cheap fun day out.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Definitely Sugarloaf. I may go for a couple days during Xmas break. I'd like to get to Sunday River but not sure if I will be able to hit it this year, I have so many others on my bucket list right now, including definitely MRV and some more NH spots.

Riverskier

Given the number of mid size areas included for NH and VT, I am surprised that you didn't include Shawnee Peak and Mt. Abram in ME. Anyway, I definitely plan to hit all 3 of the mountains you included this year, and voted as such.

Skimaine

+1 one on that one.

Definitely will hit the Snowbowl again this year. In addition to all the above, it has awesome ski lodge food.

soposkier

+1. The Snow Bowl is a great spot. Always fun. Has everything for a super cheap fun day out.

+1 Here for the Snow Bowl. The toboggan run is also fun to hit up for a few rides down the chute.