• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Helmets... coming to the dark side

Hawkshot99

Was going for matte black. kinda boring yeah but I want something that will still be cool when orange pants go out of style :lol:

Orange pants will never go out of style!

I forgot to post the pic. It's the Giro Omen Audio.

It's wireless but has an audio jack port and comes with a cable in case your mp3 device doesn't do bluetooth. It charges via a USB cable just like a normal bluetooth headset. And yes, it does have a microphone for calls and stuff. The mic is not the greatest but the rest of the setup is top notch. Batteries last forever too. I get around 3 days on a charge when listening to music at work. And no I don't wear my helmet at my desk.:p the speakers pop out of the helmet and snap into a headband like normal headphones.

MPW.jpg

The setup is expensive unless you find a deal. I got mine for around $120 last year on Tramdock.com (now Steepandcheap.com).

I do not own that helmet, but used to sell it and have tried it on many times. I hate the helmet. It is heavy, did not fit many heads well and expensive.

I do have the audio system, but do not use it with my helmets. They are great headphones as long as you have a bluetooth compatible music devise(no wire) and good sound. On the helmet the ear pieces stick out to far and just look stupid. Ill take my regular Tune-ups kit in my helmet for $30, or the fancy regular bluetooth for $80.

Do you need that specific helmet? (Giro Omen?)

C-Rex

I do. And I agree, there are cooler looking set-ups. But, with all the stupid crap I see people wearing on the slopes, it's really not that bad. And IMO, a small price to pay for good wireless audio. Plus don't forget, I got it for like 70% off. No way would I pay retail.

gmcunni

I don't like the big bill on it.

I bet the Seam will be up soon, checking Backcountry's site they almost 600 of them.

Was it ever determined after how many years a helmet should be replaced?

i believe Giro says annually

who's got a helmet quiver?

wa-loaf

i believe Giro says annually

who's got a helmet quiver?

Me. Got an old Leedom gathering dust in the basement. A 2 year old POC for general use and picked up a Briko Race Helmet on sale this year for racing.

HD333

I guess i have a helment quiver, I have 2. 1 stays in the locker at Gunstock (Smith Hustle) the other (Old Black Boeri) stays at home for mid week trips to WaWa.

gmcunni

i have 2 but 1 is (was)for sale and i'll never wear it again so i can't honestly say i have a quiver.