Spamsanity

AlpineZone

Thread: Spamsanity

Spamsanity

Hey guys,

I know there has been a @*(#$&load of spam on the site the last 2 days. This morning I banned over a dozen posters and deleted over three dozen posts. I think the mods handled even more than that yesterday.

I'm looking at ways to attack the problem. One thing I'm looking at is a forum upgrade to a newer version of vbulletin. Same edition (3.x) so you won't see anything different, but I will be able to run some additional plugins (like Akismet) that will help block spam.

Just wanted to let you all know I am working on it and keep reporting 'em if you see 'em.

Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

np thanks for the note Nick. They seem to come in spurts, as far as end users can tell. God knows what you do behind the scenes. Goodness is they get snared after one or two posts. We've been known to beat up some live posters who we mistook for spammers from time to time. mea culpa...
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Thanks, I see most of them when I am on here at 5 in the morning.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

I think the guy pitching Team Jerseys in the ski jacket thread was brilliant!
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Also I updated the Q&A questions for registration. hopefully that will help. They must have cracked it or something in the last 2 days as it just got nuts.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Good luck. I thought I had the answer, nope. Best I can do is isolate so that users don't see them.

You got a live one in the Misc forum!
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Thread Information