• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Spamsanity

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey guys,

I know there has been a @*(#$&load of spam on the site the last 2 days. This morning I banned over a dozen posters and deleted over three dozen posts. I think the mods handled even more than that yesterday.

I'm looking at ways to attack the problem. One thing I'm looking at is a forum upgrade to a newer version of vbulletin. Same edition (3.x) so you won't see anything different, but I will be able to run some additional plugins (like Akismet) that will help block spam.

Just wanted to let you all know I am working on it and keep reporting 'em if you see 'em.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
np thanks for the note Nick. They seem to come in spurts, as far as end users can tell. God knows what you do behind the scenes. Goodness is they get snared after one or two posts. We've been known to beat up some live posters who we mistook for spammers from time to time. mea culpa...

wa-loaf

I think the guy pitching Team Jerseys in the ski jacket thread was brilliant!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Also I updated the Q&A questions for registration. hopefully that will help. They must have cracked it or something in the last 2 days as it just got nuts.