• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smart phones?

Do you have one or more smart phones?

• Yes

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

xwhaler

My wife and I both have smartphones but we are certainly not techies or power users. We don't even reach 1gb data/month between the both of us so the unlimited data being taken away by VZW doesn't bother me. We use ours for email/text/pictures/web surfing and maybe a dozen free apps.
Upgraded my wife's old Droid 2 Global on Saturday with a LG Lucid 2....this is one of VZW's free offerings (though they tack on a $30 upgrade charge of course) and I have to say I'm impressed. Even the phones they 'give away' now are pretty impressive for most users needs.

ScottySkis

I have an iPhone 4 but my upgrade is available this month so I'm looking to switch to some sort of droid. The iPhone has been good but its time for a change.

The Droid is great got mind last year and I almost never have to go on my computer or lab top anymore.

Cannonball

The Droid is great got mind last year and I almost never have to go on my computer or lab top anymore.

With all due respect, your endorsement of droid could kill their sales for good :D

I'm typing this on a droid too. The spell check and autocorrect are pretty impressive... But you still have to proof read your text!

bvibert

Staff member
To those with Android phones; consider trying one of the alternative on-screen keyboards, like Swype. It takes just a little bit to get used to, but once you do it makes typing so much easier and quicker, IMHO.

ScottySkis

To those with Android phones; consider trying one of the alternative on-screen keyboards, like Swype. It takes just a little bit to get used to, but once you do it makes typing so much easier and quicker, IMHO.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that.:thumbup::)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm anxious for my Galaxy s4 to arrive. Stupid verizon takes so much longer than other carriers.

I'm really excited to see if Air View / Air Touch (hovering over the screen) will work with ski gloves. That would be a huge boon ... taking pictures / etc. without having to take off your gloves.

o3jeff

How many words per minute can you type with the Swype keyboard vs the one the Droid came with?