• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smart phones?

Do you have one or more smart phones?

• Yes

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

jrmagic

That's what I'm worried about. Though, I've been using the touchscreen keyboard on my current phone on occasion without much issue, and my current phone has a much smaller screen. I do really like having a physical keyboard though...

I liked having the keyboard as well. I sitll ahve a blackberry for work so I do most emails there. I am getting better at it but its very slooowwww progress.

wa-loaf

I've been using the speech to text more often lately. Especially in the car. Works pretty good on the iPhone anyway.

o3jeff

It really depends on the phone and how you type. I originally had a BB Curve and used my thumbs to type on the keyboard. Went to a HTC Evo with a 4+" touch screen and found when I typed with my thumbs no words would come out right and went to typing with my pointing finger. Switched to a iPhone with a smaller screen than the Evo and am back typing with my thumbs. Really depends on the manufacturer I guess.

bvibert

Staff member
I've been using the speech to text more often lately. Especially in the car. Works pretty good on the iPhone anyway.

Wouldn't work so well when I'm sitting in a meeting while posting to the "what are you doing right now" thread. ;)

Cannonball

I was a long time hold out. Finally got one. Love it. Most importantly.....I was able to get my best ski day of the season today because I had email in my pocket.

Warp Daddy

Nope --don't need it -- being a full time funseeker now , i have neither the need nor the desire to be " "Connected " or " peopled-out"-------------so 4 me its a flip phone -- color me either a luddite in that regard or a liberated anti- phone freak:D:D:D

ScottySkis

I love my phone, because I can look for a job while not using the my bosses computer too do it, during boring nothing too times. I could not that with out my smart phone.