• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smart phones?

Do you have one or more smart phones?

• Yes

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

speden

I was wishing I had a smartphone on Saturday morning while waiting out some wind holds. While I sat bored and twiddling my thumbs, it seemed like everyone else was entertaining themselves with their phones. But all I've got is my old flip phone. I did have a book I could have read in my car, but I was too lazy to hike out to get it.

Geoff

You might want to take Motorola and Samsung off your list of potential phones since they might have to give Apple money for each handset!

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-03-06/tech/31126334_1_android-smartphone-software-motorola

After you've bought the thing, who cares?

Besides, Motorola (now owned by Google) has a huge patent portfolio. They will have no problem finding offsetting patent infringements. Samsung doesn't have that kind of intellectual property portfolio. They'll likely be paying Apple royalties. Ditto HTC and the other Chinese suppliers.

bvibert

Staff member

wa-loaf

Eh, nothing new. Apple's been playing that game for a while now.

I guess when you have an inferior product you have to resort to trying to cripple your competition with legalities instead of innovations... :lol:

They are all playing that patent game.

bvibert

Staff member
Whats on the short list for phones, surprised you haven't made a thread yet to get our opinions on you potential selections!

I don't really care what your opinions are... ;)

My wife's short list is really short, she wants an iphone. Mostly for the camera, and partially so she can use the few apps she's bought for her ipod touch on it...

What I'd like is one of the newest Android phones, but I'm not spending that kind of money on a phone, especially when we're looking at buying a house. I'm going to wait and see what they have in the store, and if there's any deals, then I'll get the best phone I can afford based on the selection. I'd prefer to get a 4G phone, but I'd settle for one that's not.