• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smart phones?

Do you have one or more smart phones?

• Yes

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

o3jeff

Check and see if they have a buy back program for your old phone. Sprint gave me a $90 credit for my old phone. I probably could of got more for it on ebay or CL, but wasn't worth the hassle for me.

Edd

What I'd like is one of the newest Android phones, but I'm not spending that kind of money on a phone, especially when we're looking at buying a house. I'm going to wait and see what they have in the store, and if there's any deals, then I'll get the best phone I can afford based on the selection. I'd prefer to get a 4G phone, but I'd settle for one that's not.

Seems to me once you've decided to spring for a smartphone plan every month then $200 is chump change if it gets you the phone you want.

I love having a smartphone but the whole thing is way too expensive. Unfortunately I'm addicted.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Check and see if they have a buy back program for your old phone. Sprint gave me a $90 credit for my old phone. I probably could of got more for it on ebay or CL, but wasn't worth the hassle for me.

I just picked up a galaxy and sold my old phone for 250. Trade in programs are a rip off .

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
My old phone is on its last leg. It isn't worth $2. But I should get a loyalty discount on my anniversary date tomorrow. I don't think it can be applied to the iPhone, but I can put it toward Brian's, whatever it ends up being. Used to be $100, but I think it's only $50 now.

ctenidae

I've given in at work and am switching to a Windows phone, HTC I think. The giving in is that it's an AT&T phone, and I have a longstanding grudge against them. I switched from Verizon to TMobile for BBerry for the wifi calling ability, but it's not as good as it used to be and seems to be useless now.

Edd

I've given in at work and am switching to a Windows phone, HTC I think. The giving in is that it's an AT&T phone, and I have a longstanding grudge against them. I switched from Verizon to TMobile for BBerry for the wifi calling ability, but it's not as good as it used to be and seems to be useless now.

AT&T has the nicest line-up of WP7 phones. I wanted to go with WP7 badly but Sprint has sold it's soul to Apple and I've sold my soul to Sprint.

bvibert

Staff member
Seems to me once you've decided to spring for a smartphone plan every month then $200 is chump change if it gets you the phone you want.

I love having a smartphone but the whole thing is way too expensive. Unfortunately I'm addicted.

I don't really need a smartphone, but I've become way too dependent on it. It would be very hard to give up now!

I hear what you're saying about the cost, but the extra $100 is still $100 that I need for other things right now. It's bad enough that I'm wasting all that money on the data plan, need to keep it reasonable where I can.

o3jeff

I don't really need a smartphone, but I've become way too dependent on it. It would be very hard to give up now!

I hear what you're saying about the cost, but the extra $100 is still $100 that I need for other things right now. It's bad enough that I'm wasting all that money on the data plan, need to keep it reasonable where I can.

Have you gone yet?

gmcunni

which phones ARE on the o3jeff approved list? i'll be signing new contract in the spring so i want to make sure i'm shopping for the right ones.

o3jeff

which phones ARE on the o3jeff approved list? i'll be signing new contract in the spring so i want to make sure i'm shopping for the right ones.

So far the iPhone 4s has my approval. Will have to read Bviberts review of his razr to determine if it meets it or not.

o3jeff

great selection. I have the original Razr and love it. Battery life is the only downside. I'm assuming you got the Razr MAXX?

This?
motorola-razr-2.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
great selection. I have the original Razr and love it. Battery life is the only downside. I'm assuming you got the Razr MAXX?

Nope, not the MAXX, just the regular Razr, which was already more than I wanted to spend...

bvibert

Staff member
How do you like it? You going to do a review during your lunch break?

The phone is awesome. Love it! Still getting used to not having a keyboard, but I'm getting there.

That's as much as a review as you're going to get today, I'm leaving to go skiing on my lunch break...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk