• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smart phones?

Do you have one or more smart phones?

• Yes

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

SkiFanE

My new iPhone 4s does not vibrate. In one week have missed lots of calls and texts and it finally dawned on me the thing has not vibrated once. Errr....not a happy camper, have to return to the store and get this fixed, with all of my free time it's not a problem, not at all. This weekend I dropped it in snow, dusted it off...but then it thought I had headphones plugged in and I could only talk on speaker phone until it must have melted or something. Returning to my $10 flipphone is looking better and better...damn this delicate crap.

jrmagic

great selection. I have the original Razr and love it. Battery life is the only downside. I'm assuming you got the Razr MAXX?

The MAXX is an extra $100 I believe. I picked up the RAZR a few weeks back and was concerned about battery life but so far, I've been aorund enoughpower supplys that it isn;t an issue between home, the office and the car.

wa-loaf

My new iPhone 4s does not vibrate. In one week have missed lots of calls and texts and it finally dawned on me the thing has not vibrated once. Errr....not a happy camper, have to return to the store and get this fixed, with all of my free time it's not a problem, not at all. This weekend I dropped it in snow, dusted it off...but then it thought I had headphones plugged in and I could only talk on speaker phone until it must have melted or something. Returning to my $10 flipphone is looking better and better...damn this delicate crap.

I'm assuming you tried turning it on in settings?

SkiFanE

I'm assuming you tried turning it on in settings?

Yeah..lol...over and over..reboot, etc. Resident apple expert (my teen) can't figure it out either. Google search makes it seem like the actual vibration hardware may be jammed...but I'm not banging and fussing with it, just gonna go back to store.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Does Jeff approve of this?

So far the iPhone 4s has my approval. Will have to read Bviberts review of his razr to determine if it meets it or not.
Yay! I made o3jeff's cut! :) The sales guy seemed to want to talk me out of it, but even after looking at the other models, I still wanted the iPhone 4S. Then I surprised the guy by whipping out my own case for it when he tried to talk me into buying a bundle. :lol: (Otterbox Commuter) I like the familiarity--I had an iTouch before and the Palm Pre Plus worked pretty similarly--and the size. Who the heck wants to carry one of those honking big beasts around??? The camera is great so far (out-performed Brian's RAZR in our side-by-side test shot), which was a biggie in my book.

The MAXX is an extra $100 I believe. I picked up the RAZR a few weeks back and was concerned about battery life but so far, I've been aorund enoughpower supplys that it isn;t an issue between home, the office and the car.

Yup. Regular RAZR is $200 and the MAXX is $300. Considering he didn't want to pay more than $100, the RAZR was already well beyond that.

The best news of all? Even though we got new equipment, we were able keep our grandfathered-in unlimited data plans. :D

o3jeff

Yay! I made o3jeff's cut! :) The sales guy seemed to want to talk me out of it, but even after looking at the other models, I still wanted the iPhone 4S. Then I surprised the guy by whipping out my own case for it when he tried to talk me into buying a bundle. :lol: (Otterbox Commuter) I like the familiarity--I had an iTouch before and the Palm Pre Plus worked pretty similarly--and the size. Who the heck wants to carry one of those honking big beasts around??? The camera is great so far (out-performed Brian's RAZR in our side-by-side test shot), which was a biggie in my book.

Yup. Regular RAZR is $200 and the MAXX is $300. Considering he didn't want to pay more than $100, the RAZR was already well beyond that.

The best news of all? Even though we got new equipment, we were able keep our grandfathered-in unlimited data plans. :D

I approve of that case also(I got it in black!)

And I'm sure Bvibert will never admit that about the camera!

wa-loaf

Could have bought some new skis ...

bvibert

Staff member
I approve of that case also(I got it in black!)

And I'm sure Bvibert will never admit that about the camera!

I can admit when something is better. The iPhone 4s has a great camera, definitely beats my Droid's. My only requirement for the camera is that it takes decent enough pictures to tell what it is that I took a picture of. The quality may not be as good, but so far I've been very pleased with the speed at which it takes the picture.

o3jeff

I can admit when something is better. The iPhone 4s has a great camera, definitely beats my Droid's. My only requirement for the camera is that it takes decent enough pictures to tell what it is that I took a picture of. The quality may not be as good, but so far I've been very pleased with the speed at which it takes the picture.

I think my HTC took a sharper pic.

SkiDork

The RAZR is an amazing machine. I think Brian will agree...

If I need to stay outside all day, I cannot use much data or the battery will die.

OysterRiver Colin

Yes, I actually bought the Bionic on the same day the Razr came out (11-11-11) The sales guy was surprised I bought a Bionic that day instead of the RAZR...not that the Bionic is a bad phone but just that the RAZR was so thin and all.
I actually liked the feel of the larger Bionic in my hand

SkiDork

Yes, I actually bought the Bionic on the same day the Razr came out (11-11-11) The sales guy was surprised I bought a Bionic that day instead of the RAZR...not that the Bionic is a bad phone but just that the RAZR was so thin and all.
I actually liked the feel of the larger Bionic in my hand

I like the kevlar case and gorilla glass on the razr