• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Don't count me out!

zowi420

Hi everyone, and thank you for the "welcome back"s!
Yes, I got married in February and soon discovered that I was in the family way. I intentionally planned this, so as not to screw up ski season! My new future Cannon skiier is due on November 20th. It's a BOY!
I'd like to make a comment on a thread from last year, on the debate if pregnant women should ski or not. I skiied into April, before I started showing. I don't want to re-start the debate, I'd just like to say, from experience, that it does not take very long for your balance to get so out of whack, that you wouldn't even want to try it!
I am still at Cannon, and none of you stopped by to see me this summer:sad:
but I'll still be willing to fork over whatever employee passes I get this winter::spin:
Cannon has had SNOW on the slopes since Friday morning!!! Very thin but still there and visible from the highway!!! Hopefully this is a good sign for the upcoming season, maybe they will actually open when they are supposed to, November 24th!!! Wouldn't that be something? The title of this post: Don't count me out this year, I can put the new kid in daycare for 2 hour stints and ski my head off, I can't wait to get my skinny little body back!
I will be skiing every Monday, just like last year.
And last but not least, (this one's for you ChileMass), me and Farky haven't decided on a name yet, any suggestions? Names we like: Ben, Turtleshell, Darko (like Donnie Darko or Darko Millichek), Montgomery, and a bunch of other weird names. Please post any names for consideration! (The husbands name is Steve by the way.....NOT riverCoil Steve, some other Steve. He is an AWESOME skiier, too.)
Thanks for your input, Can't wait to see ya on the mountain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awf170

Hi everyone, and thank you for the "welcome back"s!
Yes, I got married in February and soon discovered that I was in the family way. I intentionally planned this, so as not to screw up ski season! My new future Cannon skiier is due on November 20th. It's a BOY!
I'd like to make a comment on a thread from last year, on the debate if pregnant women should ski or not. I skiied into April, before I started showing. I don't want to re-start the debate, I'd just like to say, from experience, that it does not take very long for your balance to get so out of whack, that you wouldn't even want to try it!
I am still at Cannon, and none of you stopped by to see me this summer:sad:
but I'll still be willing to fork over whatever employee passes I get this winter::spin:
Cannon has had SNOW on the slopes since Friday morning!!! Very thin but still there and visible from the highway!!! Hopefully this is a good sign for the upcoming season, maybe they will actually open when they are supposed to, November 24th!!! Wouldn't that be something? The title of this post: Don't count me out this year, I can put the new kid in daycare for 2 hour stints and ski my head off, I can't wait to get my skinny little body back!
I will be skiing every Monday, just like last year.
And last but not least, (this one's for you ChileMass), me and Farky haven't decided on a name yet, any suggestions? Names we like: Ben, Turtleshell, Darko (like Donnie Darko or Darko Millichek), Montgomery, and a bunch of other weird names. Please post any names for consideration! (The husbands name is Steve by the way.....NOT riverCoil Steve, some other Steve. He is an AWESOME skiier, too.)
Thanks for your input, Can't wait to see ya on the mountain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were you the one who yelled at me for hiking under the tram last sunday?:razz: Seriously, what is up with that? We're not aloud to hike the trails?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Were you the one who yelled at me for hiking under the tram last sunday?:razz: Seriously, what is up with that? We're not aloud to hike the trails?
actually, cannon has posted warnings not to hike on the ski trails. but of all the ski trails to be hiking up, why tramline??!?

zowi420

Thanks everyone!

Austin: I would never yell at anyone. I am a rebel, too. There are signs posted all over Cannon about not hiking on the ski trails, they say that it causes "erosion". Then in August, they let 1000 people run up, at the triathalon:-? I think it may be more of a liability issue. Last summer they found a dead woman under the tram. Apparently, she was hiking down Kinsman trail, lost her way, got over to the tramline trail, fell and broke her neck. A customer saw her, under the tram. Don't want that to happen again!!!

Yard Sale Dad: Yes, you can ride the TRAM up and hangglide down. There is a sign up sheet at the tram ticket booth. Unfortunately, the tram has closed for the season, and will not reopen until Christmas vacation. No, you cannot ride a CHAIRLIFT up, the chairlifts are for skiiers only!

awf170

actually, cannon has posted warnings not to hike on the ski trails. but of all the ski trails to be hiking up, why tramline??!?

Hmm, I didn't see one sign. I was hiking down tramway not tramline and this was because I wanted to get back on the kinsman trail(not glade) and avoid the top part that was filled with about 100,000 french and asian tourists who rode up the tram. Once I got yelled at though, I turned around and went to taft slamon and hiked down that. Anyway, anyone know whats with the memorial about half way down taft slamon?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Hmm, I didn't see one sign. I was hiking down tramway not tramline and this was because I wanted to get back on the kinsman trail(not glade) and avoid the top part that was filled with about 100,000 french and asian tourists who rode up the tram.
ah, word. should not have assumed "under the tram" meant tramline :spin: but i definitely remember seeing no hiking signs at the summit station when i hiked up kinsman ridge a few years back. i had actually planned on hiking down the trails after hiking up the mess that is the kinsman ridge trail up to the out look, but no dice, i turned around the way i came.