Stowe RFID Card - Oops!

AlpineZone

Stowe RFID Card - Oops!

I seem to have poked a hole into the new RFID program at Stowe.
    I have a Stowe Points card. This lets me purchase tickets at a discount.

The RFID "Evolution" card is of course your lift ticket, and can be pre-loaded with $$ to go-to-the-lift and automatically deduct the day rate from your account. (Forget about the $5 fee ). Of course, I don't want the day rate, I want the Stowe Points Card rate.

There does not seem to be a way to deduct pre-loaded $$ (go-to-the-lift) from the Evolution card at the Stowe Points Rate.

It seems that what I will have to do is go to the ticket counter with both cards to get the the discounted rate and load that onto the card.

What I have concluded is that there is no way to go straight to the lift if you are using a Stowe points card. Unless of course you are going multi day.

The service rep at Stowe also indicated there is a cross-system problem whereby the Evolution card will not credit points into your Stowe Point card.

I was asked to call back tomorrow. Not a biggie, but buyer beware. I'll bet some Stowe Points holder will incorrectly assume one way or the other. A few cranky consumers to follow. Glad I checked this out in advance.
    Last edited by billski; Dec 11, 2011 at 5:15 PM.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

Thread Information