• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

62 Degrees!

Greg

Staff member
Is my Weatherbug right? 62*F in Northwest CT?! :eek:

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Sounds about right. We were all working outside in t-shirts yesterday at the asphalt plant in Providence!

Can't wait to put the little guy on my back and head out for a hike.

Greg

Staff member
smitty77 said:
Yup. I was thinking that too. I got out briefly while at Loon with my daughter in the Kelty pack for a hike around the base with the snowshoes. I plan to hike up Bear (highest CT summit) once it gets warmer and any ice is melted!

Greg

Staff member
ChileMass said:
"highest CT summit" is an oxymoron, right.......?? :wink:
Hey now! It's a nice spot:

bear.jpg

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Greg said:
smitty77 said:
Yup. I was thinking that too. I got out briefly while at Loon with my daughter in the Kelty pack for a hike around the base with the snowshoes. I plan to hike up Bear (highest CT summit) once it gets warmer and any ice is melted!

Hey there, you planning on visiting the "green stake" at all? If so, I might drive on down and pick up another highpoint.

-T

SilentCal

Can't wait to take the dog out for a romp in the woods! Thursday my day off and I'm thinking of hitting Mt. Toby in Sunderland. Please no rain!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Last weekend was the first since New Year's that we didn't go skiing... :( But we did take a mini hike to Hublein Tower with the dog. I was expecting more mud, but most of the trail was ice/snow still. Then again, I bet by now it's less of both with the temps we've had over the last couple days and with what's projected for the rest of the week.
In fact, in anticipation of Mud Season and how messy the dog gets after walking in the woods, I even am working on getting more of a beater vehicle so I don't have to worry about protecting the seats in my convertible from the dog anymore. Know anybody who wants to buy a 1997 VW Cabrio Highline? ;)

Greg

Staff member
the8re said:
Hey there, you planning on visiting the "green stake" at all? If so, I might drive on down and pick up another highpoint.
If you mean the CT high point, yeah, I'll accompany you sometime this summer if you want:

gps.jpg

jjmcgo

Mt. Riga may not be the tallest peak but it's a beautiful place and you should read up on the history of the area around it -- the weird deaths of residents, the strange litle town, the pond with Pacific salmon, etc. It was a Colonial-era iron-mining area and it must be strangely ionized or something.