• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your 2011 / 2012 Season Gear Haul

KD7000

- new Level gloves
- new Giro G10 helmet
- new (used) Rossi BC 70 xc skis
- new Alpina BC boots
- new (used) dh boots for the older kid
- new (used) dh boots for the younger kid
- new (used) xc boots for the older kid

Still on the shopping list:
- new snowboard bindings.

Last season was a bigger gear haul, with a new Lib Tech board & new dh boots for me and new (used) skis, boots, poles for both kids, xc skis for the older kid. Luckily they're still on both those sets of skis this season.

jaja111

-Another tub of sno-seal for Kinko's
-4 sticks of USA Gold cheapo wax
-A twelve pack of Genny Light (Spring Bock hasn't arrived yet.)
-super glue for goggles
-stickers to cover scratches in 6 year old helmet
-needle and thread for pant cuff ripped on raspberry bushes
-electrical tape for 75 year old waxing iron
-screens
-camelback bite valve
-coozies
-replacement leash

jimmywilson69

And it is sick that we have Black Diamond, Level Nine, and Backcountry.com right here in town (BC has an actual store/warehouse where you can get goods...yikes!)

Yeah if I could actually got to Backcountry.com's store, I'd be broke...

So far I have bought

Watea 114's: Got the skis and Fischer X13 binding for $379 sold the binding for $125
Marker Barons: I bought hte 2012 model, because the toe piece is adjustable for alpine and touring boots and I waited to long to get the cheaper last years model at untracked.com

I will be likely buying skins at sometime in the future, I don't see too much BC or sidecountry in my future this year, so i may wait until the end of the season.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Skis- Blizzard Bushwackers with Marker Griffon Bindings
Atomic GS race stock
Boots- Dalbello Boss ID
Dalbello Virus
Gloves- Hestra Freeski (I think)
Some Scott Gore-tex spring glove
Helmet- Smith Varient Brim
Giro Surface
Goggles- 2 pairs of Oakley Crowbars(1 High intensity yellow, 1 mirrored)
Jacket- North Face Reardon
Pants- North Face Slasher Cargo
Socks- Some Euro Sock silvers
Race Suit- Spyder GS Suit
Race Pants- Spyder coaches pants with full zips

I think thats all I have gotten so far

Boy this is tough between you and Trailbo. Could you PM me your street address and leave the dog in back and a key under the front door mat? Thanks! :wink:

xwhaler

My '08 Scott Missions are in pretty rough shape...core shot down to the metal on one of the skis, de-laminated top sheet down to the front binding I feel is compromising the strength and stability of the ski. Edges are virtually non existant tho I know thats just a tune job.

Looking at one of these three skis: Liberty Morphic, Surface Green Life, Scott Venture.

The Missions are a nice 89 underfoot with a 128/115 tip tail and I love the sidecut 16 which has these doing well on the hard pack/groomers. Like to get something similar but a touch wider and maybe a tad longer (I'm 6' 1" 2 bills riding on 178s right now)

anyone have any thoughts on any of these?

jaja111

We had Spring Bock cans on the Mountain one weekend last year. I was surprised by how good it was.

The slightly metallic / sugary goodness is made even better by adding a hop flower or two into the can. However, you will gain 15 lbs by the time the stores have run out (14 twelve packs consumed yields a billion and a half calories). In the words of Will Ferrell "Do it up again.....its so good......once it hits your lips.... its so good...."

BenedictGomez

Skis: Used Line Prophet 90s w/Rossi Scratch bindings (a good deal I think at $207)

Goggles: Bolle ($25 at TJ Maxx)

Helmet: Bern Baker ($42 on Clearance at Sierra Trading)

Pants: 1 Black Columbia ($50 at Marshalls), 1 Faux Jeans (cheesy but fun) Columbia ($40 at TJ Maxx)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Ye gads, man! Don't wear that jacket when I'm on the mountain. People might think we sing in a choir or something like that.

Yeah, or that I ski as good as you do!

And one last item...my wife will kill me, but got it on super clearance and for literally 70% off the price.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/70583?feat=6723-GN2
spacer.gif

LL Bean's top of the line softshell. Gets great reviews. I saw it in person and was like, "man, that is a nice jacket." And yet, again, for some reason I don't see that they are making this for 2012....at least not yet.