• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Carrying Skis

drjeff

LOL, this was me on Sunday. i usually carry my skis on my shoulder tips in front but it has been digging into my shoulder so i tried tails in front. it was more comfortable but the balancing point is different so the tips stick out back much further. i kept hitting things (not people thankfully) as i walked to the car.

Where I have most of my issues (and after doing the same thing literally 50 times, you'd think I'd learn ;) ) is me and my family usually take the local shuttle bus from our place at Mount Snow to the mountain. It drops us off in the busport very near the main base lodge. They have some smallish semi enclosed shelter buildings where each of the bus routes has it's drop off/pick up point. I have to walk by/through one of them to get from where the bus route for my complex drops off/picks up. The number of times that I've whacked the next shelter with my skis is ridiculous! One of these days I'm probably going to end up cracking the safety glass that the shelters are made from! :eek:

I can only imagine how many other things i'd be hitting with my skis while on my shoulders if I was still skiing on 210's like I was back in the 80's/early 90's! :lol:

Jessy

I wonder how many times her kids have tried to step into the WRONG pair of skis?? ;) :lol:

:D All with the same colors, those are not three pairs of skis, those are three traps!
:beer: