• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GoPro HD 1080P for $129.99

mlctvt

OK the Gopros came in today. Excellent that they have a bunch of helmet mounts included in the $129.99 price.

I can see using it for biking but now I've got to decide if it's cool for an old guy like me to have a camera mounted to the top of my head when skiing ? Especially when I'm not into big air anymore.
Most skiers/boarders I see with helmet cams are kids in the parks.

jaja111

OK the Gopros came in today. Excellent that they have a bunch of helmet mounts included in the $129.99 price.

I can see using it for biking but now I've got to decide if it's cool for an old guy like me to have a camera mounted to the top of my head when skiing ? Especially when I'm not into big air anymore.
Most skiers/boarders I see with helmet cams are kids in the parks.

No, the answer is no. Do not become a tele-tubby more concerned with your cinematography than the location of other skiers around you. Tele-tubbies are approaching the top of my list of skiers / boarders to be avoided at all costs because they are inherently dangerous.

mlctvt

No, the answer is no. Do not become a tele-tubby more concerned with your cinematography than the location of other skiers around you. Tele-tubbies are approaching the top of my list of skiers / boarders to be avoided at all costs because they are inherently dangerous.

lol, I've never had anyone call me a tele-tubbie before. That's a great word for distracted skiers/boarders isn't it. We'll probably see a few this year texting too as their cameras roll.

gmcunni

looking to score one of these in a cheap post-christmas sale. if anyone sees a deal please post here, many thanks.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah its awesome. The footage is funny of the dog ill post up the vid once I get it uploaded to youtube. The thing is sweet. Using it tomorrow at the mountain too

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Resolution was 960 30fps I think...and I used the headband mount as I don't wear a helmet.:confused:

Ditto for us with the headband mount. Seemed to work ok, got a bit of a headache to be honest. Post some pics and vids later

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk