• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boot advice

Bene288

I'm in the market for a new pair of boots, who has had good luck with which brands? My Nordicas are pretty old and beat, I don't want to risk a blowout this season.

wa-loaf

What fits you is what's important. All the major brands are good. Go to a shop that has a professional boot fitter and spend a lot of time trying on a bunch of boots.

Bene288

I have a good fit in almost anything but Lange. My main concern is buckle quality, can't stand having to replace buckles every couple of trips.

gmcunni

What fits you is what's important. All the major brands are good. Go to a shop that has a professional boot fitter and spend a lot of time trying on a bunch of boots.

while i agree i am the type of person who likes to research on my own before visiting the shop. i found this to be a good resource for finding boots which might be of interest to me

http://www.skinet.com/ski/gear/boots

personally i've had good luck with Dalbello boots.

wa-loaf

I have a good fit in almost anything but Lange. My main concern is buckle quality, can't stand having to replace buckles every couple of trips.

Never been an issue unless I hit some rocks with them.

while i agree i am the type of person who likes to research on my own before visiting the shop. i found this to be a good resource for finding boots which might be of interest to me

http://www.skinet.com/ski/gear/boots

personally i've had good luck with Dalbello boots.

Yeah, it doesn't hurt to have an idea of what you want going in, but be open to different ideas and definitely don't go in and only try on one pair.

meff

If you haven't tried a Lange on in a few years don't rule out the RX line, I used to never be able to even get a Lange on and am skiing RX130's now.