• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gallery Upgrade!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hi Everyone,

We just finished upgrading to a new version of the Gallery software. I'm hoping this resolves some of the issues you had with size of upload and also uploading multiple images.

This one you can actually select multiple pictures at a time as well, instead of having to select one at a time, so I hope that helps when you go to upload your pics!

Let me know if you see any bugs or issues.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I just tried loading pics and it worked for me. I couldn't see any differenence in the admin page. Maybe I need to create a non-admin account and see if that makes a difference

gmcunni

i deleted some older stuff and now the error does not appear. it seems i might have had a larger quota before the recent changes? now my quote is 50M and i'm at about 48M after deleting.

wa-loaf

What would be cool is if I could upload images right into a thread and then they also go into my gallery. Any chance of that happening?

skidmarks

Fixed, all registered users can upload unlimited images again :)

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6000 bytes) in /home/alpinez/public_html/forums/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

speden

I made a new album for a trip report today, and when I went to upload some pictures to it, it was stuck on the first one for a few seconds, then showed something like "server I/O error". It then uploaded the rest of the pictures okay. All the pictures were 800x600.

I went back and uploaded the one that got the error again and it uploaded okay, but then when I went to look at the pictures in the new album, I noticed there was an extra photo in there that I had uploaded a week ago to a different album.

So the new gallery seems a little buggy.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Alright, let me debug a bit more. I wanted to be able to add multiple pictures easily (before it was 5 at a time and you had to click each one individually).

skidmarks

It should resize larger photos automatically

Just got a message that the file was too large

Re-sized to 800 X 600 and got the message

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6000 bytes) in /home/alpinez/public_html/forums/gallery/image-inc.php on line 116

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Thanks for the feedback. I updated some and it worked so interesting that it works for some and not others. I'm following up with the guy who owns Photopost.