• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Map detail not working

gmcunni

thanks B, guess i should read before i ask.

FWIW, i was thinking last night about the old New England Ski maps you used to get at the local ski shops. advertisement driven ones that were somewhat accurate in terms of roads/distances but were hand drawn, almost cartoonish, showing all the ski areas in NE with some basic facts on the back of the map. Googled New England SKi MAP and the first entry brought me back to AZ.. i hadn't even thought to check here first :spin:

bvibert

Staff member
thanks B, guess i should read before i ask.

FWIW, i was thinking last night about the old New England Ski maps you used to get at the local ski shops. advertisement driven ones that were somewhat accurate in terms of roads/distances but were hand drawn, almost cartoonish, showing all the ski areas in NE with some basic facts on the back of the map. Googled New England SKi MAP and the first entry brought me back to AZ.. i hadn't even thought to check here first :spin:

Always check AZ first, we have what you need! That was a fun project a few years back, I wonder how much use it gets? Let us know if you find any errors or omissions...

gmcunni

it was useful to me last night. i have to go to Worcester on Saturday and have some time to kill so i wanted to know what ski areas are around there.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I was thinking about that as well. I'm mixed on how broad to go.... i still see that as being part of new england skiing (really, anything within driving distance, right?)

gmcunni

I was thinking about that as well. I'm mixed on how broad to go.... i still see that as being part of new england skiing (really, anything within driving distance, right?)

you have New York and PA, don't discriminate against the Canadians, eh?

bvibert

Staff member
you have Pine Ridge on the map as active, it is not.

Wow, maybe I should read before responding next time... :lol:

You are correct, it was active in 2006 when we created the map. It should be removed now....

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Actually the web services we are using now pulls from the entire country, so I think I can add in the Canadian resorts pretty easily.