• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What kind of Lunch Box do you use?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I got up from my seat in the cafeteria to hit the can and when I came back my beloved napkin was not there!

I did report it to Guest Services as well as the local police.

Your napkin has been located. I regret to inform you that it was found on I-89, with lacerations and a blood-like substance on it's body. It was buried in a shallow grave off to the side of the road. Nearby a Stowe lift ticket, and a single ski was found. While forensics have not been completed, there is evidence to suggest these items were thrown from the window of a Land Rover at a high rate of speed. His next of kin have been notified. The cafeteria will hold a moment of silence on Friday. Napkin brethren from all over Vermont are expected to attend. It will likely impact food service across the state. More news as it breaks.

large_litter_453.jpg

Black Phantom

Your napkin has been located. I regret to inform you that it was found on I-89, with lacerations and a blood-like substance on it's body. It was buried in a shallow grave off to the side of the road. Nearby a Stowe lift ticket, and a single ski was found. While forensics have not been completed, there is evidence to suggest these items were thrown from the window of a Land Rover at a high rate of speed. His next of kin have been notified. The cafeteria will hold a moment of silence on Friday. Napkin brethren from all over Vermont are expected to attend. It will likely impact food service across the state. More news as it breaks.

large_litter_453.jpg

I don't do take out. And that's not 89.

one-hundred-100-dollar-bill.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
Were you able to get them?

You don't bring any fruit skiing with you? It does look like you can put a clementine where each tire is in that box.

No, but I filled it up with water and found that it holds a little more than a liter..

Fruit get's too banged up while I'm skiing bumps...

o3jeff

No, but I filled it up with water and found that it holds a little more than a liter..

Fruit get's too banged up while I'm skiing bumps...

Thanks, one liter is a little small for me.

You sound like you're pretty gnarly in the bumps!

bvibert

Staff member
Thanks, one liter is a little small for me.

You sound like you're pretty gnarly in the bumps!

Gnarly is one word for it. I gotta find a better way to attach the lunch box to my belt though...

Black Phantom

Any word on your missing little napkin?

None so far. I am hoping that billski comes across it on his travels. He alleges he is skiing this weekend.

Still dvry distraught over the napkin. Maybe I should write a letter to the Institution making them aware of the situation. I would not want this to happen to anyone else. Ever.

Glenn

None so far. I am hoping that billski comes across it on his travels. He alleges he is skiing this weekend.

Still dvry distraught over the napkin. Maybe I should write a letter to the Institution making them aware of the situation. I would not want this to happen to anyone else. Ever.

That's rough Skippy. You should put the feelers out in Brooklyn...and the Island. You've got little people in big places from what I hear.

o3jeff

That's rough Skippy. You should put the feelers out in Brooklyn...and the Island. You've got little people in big places from what I hear.

Sounds like Glenn might have some inside information on this unfortunate situation, we'll have to see if he cracks under the pressure.

JimG.

Staff member

Well, at least you had insurance on it, right?

Sounds like it's worth a fortune.

o3jeff

Bump

Did you hang out in the lodges looking for the napkin? Could it be buried under all the snow for the Dew Tour?

Black Phantom

Bump

Did you hang out in the lodges looking for the napkin? Could it be buried under all the snow for the Dew Tour?

I did look around for it rather extensively but alas, nothing. I wrote the mountain a 14 paragraph letter informing them of the devastating loss that occurred in their facility. How callous of them.

There are now armed personnel watching all movement in the lodges. How this could ever happen is beyond me.