• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you take your shoes off on the plane?

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My girlfriend recently posted a picture of a person who took their shoes off next to her on the plane. She was completely disgusted. My take? I think everyone does it. Do you take your shoes off...or just wear sandals to avoid all conflict. I've never really been that aware of this topic except I usually remove my shoes, so now I'm feeling almost guilty that x amount of people might have a serious problem with this.

Glenn

I dont fly that often, but when I do....I choose to leave my shoes on.

Stay covered my feet.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think sometimes it depends on how long the flight is. To FL and youre not feeling sleepy fine but a 8-12 hour flight..idk

legalskier

I untie my laces. Best of both worlds. Good in case of water landing, too.

untied.shoelaces.jpg

twinplanx

unless you've got stinky feet I'd say those who are offeneded by the shoe-less feet are the ones w/ the issues...

bvibert

Staff member
I've never even though of taking my shoes off on a plane. I wouldn't really have a problem if someone else did it though, unless they had really stinky feet.

skidmarks

Shoes off and Noise Cancelling headphones on! If someone complained I wouldn't hear them anyway.

〽❄❅

My girlfriend recently posted a picture of a person who took their shoes off next to her on the plane. She was completely disgusted. My take? I think everyone does it. Do you take your shoes off...or just wear sandals to avoid all conflict. I've never really been that aware of this topic except I usually remove my shoes, so now I'm feeling almost guilty that x amount of people might have a serious problem with this.
Sometimes i do / socks on. No one ever complained or weird'ed out. Then again my feet are'nt gross looking and or stink bombs.
I have to wonder how your girl would've reacted if those shoeless feet belonged to Brad Pitt or Justin Timberlake?

speden

On an overnight flight I'll take them off. I think feet swell up a little at altitude and I find it easier to sleep with them off. In the old days the airlines used to give passengers in business class an extra pair of socks to put over your regular socks. Not sure if they still do that.