• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Zappos security breach

ctenidae

ID and password server got hacked, it appears. I went to reset my password, per their email instructions, and it is sloooooooow. i imagine the servers are getting absolutely crushed right now.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I just got an email from them. I don't think I ordered anything from them before either, although I had an account.

Are they owned by Amazon?

ollie boy

hacked

yes, zappos is owned by amazon. my fam and i had to unfortunaltely learn that the hard way. Some of the CC servers were apparently breached, which is the biggest pain of all.

it's such a shame to spend so much money with these companies who always promise security and then to hear about the zappos breach via a mass email.

Last edited by a moderator:

wa-loaf

yes, zappos is owned by amazon. my fam and i had to unfortunaltely learn that the hard way. Some of the CC servers were apparently breached, which is the biggest pain of all.

it's such a shame to spend so much money with these companies who always promise security and then to hear about the zappos breach via a mass email.

Do you ski or are you just here to complain?

Last edited by a moderator:

ollie boy

Yes, I ski. Is that OK? And i'm not complaining, just adding a few cents to a thread based on something that isn't solely based around skiing.

wa-loaf

Yes, I ski. Is that OK? And i'm not complaining, just adding a few cents to a thread based on something that isn't solely based around skiing.

I don't buy it. Your first post on the site is in here and you include a link to a law firm in Kentucky that's putting together a class action law suit. You just joined the site after likely just googling around for hits on Zappos.

You are a spammer.

ctenidae

Interestingly, there's nothing on the Zappos website about it anymore except for the "get a new password" button.

ollie boy

how much $$ can i get in the lawsuit? will it pay for next year's season pass?

I guess we'll have to wait and see what Theresa Stevens walks away with. She lives in TX but the server that was hacked was in KY, so that where the suit is being filed.

ctenidae

What kind of name is Gray & White for a law firm, anyway? I mean, aside from incredibly appropriate. Ranks up there with Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe.

ctenidae

My gmail accoutn was hacked the other day. Wonder if it was related. I use the same password on several sites.

It amazes me how often gmail gets hacked. I make it a habit of going through the activity logs every couple of weeks just to check. I've seen 2 instances of access in the past year or so. My wife got hacked and her account used to send out a couple of email blasts.

ollie boy

I don't buy it. Your first post on the site is in here and you include a link to a law firm in Kentucky that's putting together a class action law suit. You just joined the site after likely just googling around for hits on Zappos.

You are a spammer.

bummer you think that.

ctenidae

bummer you think that.

Don't mind wa-loaf. He spilled Haterade in his Bleerios this morning.

Unless you are a spammer. In which case may god have mercy on your soul. What kind of name is ollie boy, anyway? You some kind of skater punk? I bet you ride a snowboard too, don't you? Looky here, boys- we got us a genuine knuckledragging mouth breather here! Next thing you know, he's going to tell us he telemarks, too. Too damn good to have two planks on his feet like god gave us, and if he does drop down to be with us common folk, he's got to have his heels free too. Knuckle draggin', free-heelin' ambulance-chasin' no good spaminator!.

Unless you're not spamming, in which case, welcome to the boards!

//end channeling R Lee Emery