• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is your favorite liquor?

4aprice

Seriously, Tanqueray tends to be the liquor of choice these days. Though amaretto is always good, too. And Sailor Jerry spiced rum. And Pinnacle Whipped vodka.

Tanqueray is so 80's:wink: The Pinnacle Whipped vodka is good. My wife makes up some good drinks with that. Been going for Goeslings Black Seal Rum lately and a Bermuda tourist drink called Dark & Stormy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ctenidae

Of late, my drink of choice is Noah's Mill Bourbon. Real good, real strong and highly acclaimed at the SF Spirits Awards.

Try the Rowan's Creek- same people, similar palate, also tasty. A little thinner tasting, maybe, but tasty.

"Vintage Bourbon" by the same people is tasty, but not worth the significantly higher price. Willet Pot Still, also by them, isn't all that good, despite the fancy bottle. Pure Kentucky, despite the terrible packaging, was pretty good.

http://www.kentuckybourbonwhiskey.com/products.php

SKIQUATTRO

Mostly red wine (Malbec, Pinot Noir)
Beer (Magic Hat #9 bottle/Guiness on tap)
Don Julio Tequila in my margariata (rocks, Don Julio, Contreau, fresh sqeezed lime juice)
Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka/Godiva Chololate for my choco martini.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Try the Rowan's Creek- same people, similar palate, also tasty. A little thinner tasting, maybe, but tasty.

"Vintage Bourbon" by the same people is tasty, but not worth the significantly higher price. Willet Pot Still, also by them, isn't all that good, despite the fancy bottle. Pure Kentucky, despite the terrible packaging, was pretty good.

http://www.kentuckybourbonwhiskey.com/products.php

I will try it. I have been to the website and perused their other brands...they all seem interesting. It would be nice to find it first to taste at a bar before I purchase a bottle.... I was a restaurant/bar about a year ago, and asked the bartender for a recommendation and that is how I first found the Noah's Mill.

ctenidae

I will try it. I have been to the website and perused their other brands...they all seem interesting. It would be nice to find it first to taste at a bar before I purchase a bottle.... I was a restaurant/bar about a year ago, and asked the bartender for a recommendation and that is how I first found the Noah's Mill.

Rowan and Pure Kentucky are both in the $30 range. Willet is too, I think.
For my money, never any real need to go above the $30s. Just haven't found them to generally be worth the incremental additional cash.
Of course, I still love me some $18 Rebel Yell, or $19 Rebel Rerserve.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Rowan and Pure Kentucky are both in the $30 range. Willet is too, I think.
For my money, never any real need to go above the $30s. Just haven't found them to generally be worth the incremental additional cash.
Of course, I still love me some $18 Rebel Yell, or $19 Rebel Rerserve.

I will try the Rowan....I'm due for a new bottle soon. Noah's Mill is I think about $47. Ever since I got into the Noah's I haven't really been touching the Maker's (my old goto bourbon) or the bottle of Knob that I have in the house. I just go out and buy another Noah's..but I'd love to save the $17/bottle!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Tanqueray is so 80's:wink: The Pinnacle Whipped vodka is good. My wife makes up some good drinks with that. Been going for Goeslings Black Seal Rum lately and a Bermuda tourist drink called Dark & Stormy.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

But if I were drinking it in the 80s, I would have had a lot of explaining to do. ;) It's refreshing. I like it.

Pinnacle makes a decent product for a low price point. I had the opportunity to review their Cake vodka before they rolled it out last year. Not bad, but UV's version is better, if that's your thing.

We always have dark or spiced rum and ginger beer on hand for the big guy.

mlctvt

El Tesoro Anejo Tequila,
oak aged 2-3 years.

sipped, never used to mix cocktails

bvibert

Staff member
Just enjoyed a dark and stormy made with the last of our Myer's dark rum, now I'm enjoying one with most of the rest of our Gosling's rum, both made with Gosling's ginger beer.

ctenidae

Having a Bernheim Wheat with a couple ice cubes. Tasty whiskey. Highly reccomend branching into the wheats and ryes for any bourbon fans.
Started with a Rogue Dead Guy Whiskey. Also tasty, but, like most PacNorthwest brown liquors, a bit scotchy.

Bene288

I'm a scotch buff

My scotch has always been Cutty Sark. When I can afford a good single malt, I drink Macallan or Talisker.