• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is your favorite liquor?

legalskier

Enjoying some Tesseron Cognac X.O. Lot 76, warmed in a brandy snifter. Perfect on a nasty winter's night like this one.

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I really gota try this pinnacle whipped...

Stoli vanilla and gingerale is pretty good.

I really enjoy jameson on the rocks every once in awhile or in a hot toddy

Bumpsis

Henry McKenna 10-year single barrel bourbon is my favorite all-around bourbon (and at $30, cheap in the grand scheme of things). Jameson holds a special place in my heart (and liver). Don't much care for Scotch.

Bombay Sapphire continues to be my go-to gin. Don't drink enough to experiment enough to change my mind.

Favorite all-purpose vodka is Luksusowa (Polish triple distilled potato vodka- one of the few that's not retardedly expensive. I love their current slogan "Against the Grain since 1928"). My uber-special vodka is Pan Tadeus, which I bring back with me every time I go to Poland.

Favorite "wierd" drink is Zubrowka and apple juice. It's a vodka flavored with Bison Weed, whatever that is. A bit spicy, a bit herbal, goes great with apple juice.

Go-to tequila is Herradura or Milagro, generally anejo, though for margaritas I find Sauza is excellent

Since you fancy Polish vodkas, I recommend Sobieski Vodka. Very smooth and very nicely priced, about $ 16 - 19 for 1.5 L (in NH and MA). I find that so many so called "premium" vodkas are just really overpriced. Fancy bottles and big prices. All that a good vodka needs to be is smooth. Multiple destilations, well filtered (to remove any other organics) and pure water.

I like Zubrowka as well, but they definitely changed the formulation. I think that they started to add some flavor enhancers to it in addition to the Bison grass. I just recently finished off a bottle a got about 12 years ago and compared it to a recently bought one and the old one was definitely better.

ctenidae

Since you fancy Polish vodkas, I recommend Sobieski Vodka. Very smooth and very nicely priced, about $ 16 - 19 for 1.5 L (in NH and MA). I find that so many so called "premium" vodkas are just really overpriced. Fancy bottles and big prices. All that a good vodka needs to be is smooth. Multiple destilations, well filtered (to remove any other organics) and pure water.

I like Zubrowka as well, but they definitely changed the formulation. I think that they started to add some flavor enhancers to it in addition to the Bison grass. I just recently finished off a bottle a got about 12 years ago and compared it to a recently bought one and the old one was definitely better.

I find the Sobieski to have a harsher edge to it- almost a kerosene-y edge. It's a "cheap" brand in Poland. It's still better than Popove, Smirnoff, and a lot of other vodkas, though.

Agree on the Zubrowka comment. Something has changed. And it's no different in Poland. There's been a marketing push there- I got a bottle cover form my father-in-law's bar in Warsaw that looks like a coat with a fur lined hood with a Zubrowka label on it. Marketing- the death of all good things...

legalskier

After I parked my wife's car in a lot a few weeks ago I went to hide something in the rear wheel well while we were gone. When I pulled up the carpeted deck board, low and behold I found an unopened 500 ml flask of Hennessy.
Neither one of us had any idea how it got there. So we asked our son and daughter. Neither one said they knew how it got there. :roll:

Last edited: