• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ready to rock your New England world again!!

ZYDECORICH

You know your worried...Flacco, Ray Lewis and the boys should have beat you today. You Lucky Lucky bastards (If I may borrow from Monty Python). How does he miss that field goal! You Guys are Toast on the 5th.

buellski

You know your worried...Flacco, Ray Lewis and the boys should have beat you today. You Lucky Lucky bastards (If I may borrow from Monty Python). How does he miss that field goal! You Guys are Toast on the 5th.

Never mind the field goal. How did Lee Evans let Sterling Moore strip the ball like that? Evans is the real goat in my opinion. A lot of people are saying the same thing I've been thinking. This defense reminds me of 2001. It's slapped together with spare parts and glue but it gets the job done. Go Pats!

drjeff

Brady, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Welker, Branch, Edelman, Woodhead, Green-Ellis, Ridley, yah I like the Pats chances! Should be another great game with 2 evenly matched teams and both QB'S with atleast 1 ring.

Just can't wait until Occho-Cinco beats the giants D deep for a big 'ol slap in the face to Giants fans! (And a surprise to Pats fans too! ;) )

4aprice

Wait. Aren't the Jets playing in the Super Bowl? Rex assured me they would be back in August.

As far as the Super Bowl, as a Jet fan I can only quote Silvester . "what a revolting developement this is".

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

JimG.

Staff member
Giants have ended the season for what many analysts were saying were the best 2 football teams in the NFL...Packers and 49ers. Analysts were wrong of course. They blew out the Packers and stayed with the 49ers until they could beat them in OT.

Eli was as tough as nails...he got pounded and still lead the team to the win.

All that matters is who is playing well at the end and the Giants are clearly the hottest team in football right now.

The similarities to 2007-08 are too apparent to ignore. I would have preferred playing the Ravens so the Giants could avenge the bad loss in 2000, but it'll be great to see them beat the Pats again and win their second championship in 4 years.

Go Giants!

ZYDECORICH

Never mind the field goal. How did Lee Evans let Sterling Moore strip the ball like that? Evans is the real goat in my opinion. A lot of people are saying the same thing I've been thinking. This defense reminds me of 2001. It's slapped together with spare parts and glue but it gets the job done. Go Pats!

Your right, I can't believe Evans didn't hold on to that.
Should be a good one Good Luck!

ALLSKIING

Staff member
This game will come down to one thing.....Can the pats protect Brady....If the Giants can get to him it will be a tough game for them..... The giants will be able to put up plenty of points on NE.

Mapnut

The similarities to 2007-08 are too apparent to ignore.
Go Giants!

Yup. In 2007-08 the Pats beat the Giants 38-35 before losing to them in the Super Bowl.
In 2011-2012 the Packers beat the Giants 38-35 before losing to them in the second round.

ctenidae

Yup. In 2007-08 the Pats beat the Giants 38-35 before losing to them in the Super Bowl.
In 2011-2012 the Packers beat the Giants 38-35 before losing to them in the second round.

I think it's too much to pass off as mere coincedence- seems like the winner is always the team with more points at the end. I think it's a conspiracy.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Brady, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Welker, Branch, Edelman, Woodhead, Green-Ellis, Ridley, yah I like the Pats chances! Should be another great game with 2 evenly matched teams and both QB'S with atleast 1 ring.

Just can't wait until Occho-Cinco beats the giants D deep for a big 'ol slap in the face to Giants fans! (And a surprise to Pats fans too! ;) )

Wonder if Ridley will even dress. He was a healthy scratch for yesterdays game. I'm assuming that's due to him coughing up the ball a couple times recently.

I wish I had your confidence, but I don't. I think the Giants should be 6 point favorites. They have a MUCH better defense and with Cruz, Manningham and Nicks healthy, an equally impressive offense as the Pats.

drjeff

Wonder if Ridley will even dress. He was a healthy scratch for yesterdays game. I'm assuming that's due to him coughing up the ball a couple times recently.

I wish I had your confidence, but I don't. I think the Giants should be 6 point favorites. They have a MUCH better defense and with Cruz, Manningham and Nicks healthy, an equally impressive offense as the Pats.

10 straight wins heading into the Superbowl, and Brady's intensity seems to have found a new level. Brady rarely has back to back sub par games, and we all know that throughout his coaching career with the Patriots, a Belicheck coached team almost never looses to the same team twice in 1 season. I'm not saying it will be pretty, but somehow this Patriots team just seems to find a way to win. And I think that in particular the last 2 weeks of the regular season showed them that even when they get down 3 scores, they're still in the game.

I'm thinking that Gostkowski kicks the game winner with under 2 minutes for a 31-28 victory (and after the kick the defense does some SERIOUS bending, but doesn't break like they did at the end of the regular season meeting between the 2)

JimG.

Staff member
I think it's too much to pass off as mere coincedence- seems like the winner is always the team with more points at the end. I think it's a conspiracy.

My wife screams about this as well.

Would it be better if they decided games based on fashion sense as she suggests?

JimG.

Staff member
This game will come down to one thing.....Can the pats protect Brady....If the Giants can get to him it will be a tough game for them..... The giants will be able to put up plenty of points on NE.

I think the key for the Pats is to somewhow figure out how to run the ball.

If the Giants front four on D can just pin their ears back and rush Brady there is no way the Pats can protect him.

ctenidae

My wife screams about this as well.

Would it be better if they decided games based on fashion sense as she suggests?

Color coordination is just as important as defensive coordination.

/don't really follow water polo.
//think it's cruel to the horses