• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Volkl Kendo

Edd

I demoed them last spring and loved them. I have been skiing on my shops pair of demos as I wait for my pair to arive. Hopefully ups will bring them today or tomarrow!

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Have you had a chance to ski both the fully cambered version and the one with tip rocker? Curious how they compare.

My GF skis on Volkl Attiva Fuegos that a rep recommended to her. She does pretty well on them but she hates skiing on slushy (totally awesome) spring days. I'm wondering if getting her on a pair of Kenjas would be a good idea to help her handle those conditions better.

Hawkshot99

Have you had a chance to ski both the fully cambered version and the one with tip rocker? Curious how they compare.

My GF skis on Volkl Attiva Fuegos that a rep recommended to her. She does pretty well on them but she hates skiing on slushy (totally awesome) spring days. I'm wondering if getting her on a pair of Kenjas would be a good idea to help her handle those conditions better.

I have but it has been several years since I skied the full camber version so I dont really remember it.
The fuego is a great ski, but it is a stiff ski. in the spring I personally do not like a stiff ski. It makes me get thrown around by all the bumps.

Glenn

Edd,
My wife is on the Attiva Aurora's as well as the Kenjas. The Kenja is now her go to ski. The Aurora's are a bit burly for her. Like your GF, when the snow is heavy, she has a helluva time muscling them around. To the point where she wasn't really liking spring conditions. That pretty much went away with the Kenja's.

Edd

Edd,
My wife is on the Attiva Aurora's as well as the Kenjas. The Kenja is now her go to ski. The Aurora's are a bit burly for her. Like your GF, when the snow is heavy, she has a helluva time muscling them around. To the point where she wasn't really liking spring conditions. That pretty much went away with the Kenja's.

That's helpful. I'm going to push her to demo these. Thanks.

Hawkshot99

That's helpful. I'm going to push her to demo these. Thanks.

Add yhe Blizzard BlackPearl to it as well. Same style as the Kenja, but a tad softer shovel. I was on the mens version (bushwacker) last year and loved them. They were great for what you are desctibing.

Glenn

I'll second the Blizzards. I thought the Bushwacker was a fun ski. It was similar to the Kendo.

Edd

Yeah the Black Pearl has some very good reviews I see. Thanks guys.

If she can get comfortable in the slush I will be psyched. It paralyzes her. She's hit this plateau in her skiing that I'm powerless to do anything about. I'll stop thread jacking though.