• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Global warming strikes again

legalskier

New map for what to plant reflects global warming
Global warming is hitting not just home, but garden. The color-coded map of planting zones often seen on the back of seed packets is being updated by the government, illustrating a hotter 21st century. *** "People who grow plants are well aware of the fact that temperatures have gotten more mild throughout the year, particularly in the wintertime," said Boston University biology professor Richard Primack. "There's a lot of things you can grow now that you couldn't grow before." He stand the giant fig tree in his suburban Boston yard stands as an example: "People don't think of figs as a crop you can grow in the Boston area. You can do it now." ***

Full story: http://www.timesreporter.com/newsnow/x1870694362/New-map-for-what-to-plant-reflects-global-warming

:-?

Bumpsis

New map for what to plant reflects global warming
Global warming is hitting not just home, but garden. The color-coded map of planting zones often seen on the back of seed packets is being updated by the government, illustrating a hotter 21st century. *** "People who grow plants are well aware of the fact that temperatures have gotten more mild throughout the year, particularly in the wintertime," said Boston University biology professor Richard Primack. "There's a lot of things you can grow now that you couldn't grow before." He stand the giant fig tree in his suburban Boston yard stands as an example: "People don't think of figs as a crop you can grow in the Boston area. You can do it now." ***

Full story: http://www.timesreporter.com/newsnow/x1870694362/New-map-for-what-to-plant-reflects-global-warming

:-?

What global warming!? Don't you know it's a liberal hoax?? Rush Limbaugh says so, thus it must be true.
Here’s a typical Limbaugh global warming quote:

“Despite the hysterics of a few pseudo-scientists, there is no reason to believe in global warming.”

:) :) :)

Glenn

1287550146285.jpg

Warp Daddy

What global warming!? Don't you know it's a liberal hoax?? Rush Limbaugh says so, thus it must be true.
Here’s a typical Limbaugh global warming quote:

“Despite the hysterics of a few pseudo-scientists, there is no reason to believe in global warming.”

:) :) :)

Of course - we're supposed to BELIEVE the insane ramblings of an uneducated, obese ,drug addled ,moron !

ScottySkis

Ya my cousin smartest person i know believes all that crap too i don't get it science is correct not people on tv

Warp Daddy

Ya my cousin smartest person i know believes all that crap too i don't get it science is correct not people on tv

Scotty FWIW a lot of smart people believed Hitler and other megalomaniacs too . Smart does always equate to great judgement and the ability to discern .

ctenidae

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It's all about the pirates, people. Look- here's a graph that proves it:

PiratesVsTemp.png

ScottySkis

oops my bad , a brain fart occurred :D- i meant to type "doesn't " always equate --
Lol it's all good, ya it just drives me crazy because my family member signed up with military after 9/11 and served his country and faked being okay went back to civilian job and because of stress does something stupid and now now having hard times finding job, but watches fox news all the time, but has phd he can do so much with his life,sorry about going on so much about him

Last edited:

jrmagic

Lol it's all good, ya it just drives me crazy because my cousin signed up with military after 9/11 and served his country and faked being okay went back to civilian job and because of stress does something stupid and now now having hard times finding job, but watches fox news all the time, but has phd he can do so much with his life,sorry about going on so much about him

What???? :blink:

wa-loaf

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It's all about the pirates, people. Look- here's a graph that proves it:

PiratesVsTemp.png

Aren't the number of pirates (Somalia) growing at the moment? I think your data is flawed!

ctenidae

Aren't the number of pirates (Somalia) growing at the moment? I think your data is flawed!

It doesn't matter- global warming is a myth anyway. And Navy SEALs keep reducing the number of Somali pirates, so you've definately got the SEAL effect happening. And we all know seals live in cold place, much like the Arctic, which has polar ice caps, which are melting, which is caused by global warming. So clearly Navy SEALs killing Somali pirates is leading to increased global warming.

I blame Bush.

Warp Daddy

Lol it's all good, ya it just drives me crazy because my cousin signed up with military after 9/11 and served his country and faked being okay went back to civilian job and because of stress does something stupid and now now having hard times finding job, but watches fox news all the time, but has phd he can do so much with his life,sorry about going on so much about him

No apology needed Scotty , i certainly empathize with you .

My heart bleeds for these young soldiers who did their duty and suffered PTS and thus paid a very heavy price-- its tragic .

Limbaugh , et all including the loose cannons attack dogs on Both political extremes simply contribute noize rather than insight in our national discourse . I find them abhorrent .

ScottySkis

No apology needed Scotty , i certainly empathize with you .

My heart bleeds for these young soldiers who did their duty and suffered PTS and thus paid a very heavy price-- its tragic .

Limbaugh , et all including the loose cannons attack dogs on Both political extremes simply contribute noize rather than insight in our national discourse . I find them abhorrent .
Thanks ya the worse part was he thought his coworkers would stand up for him so he confessed instead of listening to his lawyer, wasn't a big thing that he did more politics were involved and i can't devolved any more info about it it's, all the military should be thanked so much for what do and did for US