• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fighting a speeding ticket - Mass?

Rushski

Anyone have any info on the alleged change of their rules on surcharges whether you win or not. Thought it was a done deal, but not sure...

SkiFanE

New rules? Don't know. Thought if you got off, you got off surcharge too. Otherwise, what's the point? Not worth contesting otherwise, IMO, it's the surcharge that whacks you, not the ticket price (although I've never been clocked at 110mph lol).

Admittedly during my 20s I spent too much time speeding, and have way too much experience contesting tickets. Basically...except for the North Shore of MA, I got off 100% of the time. Must have been my Irish maiden name in the Boston 'burbs ;), like a golden ticket.

ctenidae

New rules? Don't know. Thought if you got off, you got off surcharge too. Otherwise, what's the point? Not worth contesting otherwise, IMO, it's the surcharge that whacks you, not the ticket price (although I've never been clocked at 110mph lol).

That's exactly the problem with the new surcharge methodology, as I understand it.