• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Going Mobile

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Interesting statistics when I'm checking AlpineZone's stats.

1/1/2011 - 1/30/2011 - % of users accessing AlpineZone on a mobile device - 0.27%
1/1/2012 - 1/30/2012 - % of users accessing AlpineZone on a mobile device - 7.16%

Amazing to see a jump like that in just one year. (this includes tablets)

EllenK

Interesting stats....certainly it speaks to the # of folks getting smartphones these days. Would a mobile site, maybe a scaled down version that just included recent trip reports ever be in the plans for Alpine Zone?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
We do have a mobile version of the forums, and also support Tapatalk, which lets you get to the trip reports. I highly recommend Tapatalk, very easy to use, works on BB, Android, Iphone.

In terms of the rest of AlpineZone, a redesign is in the cards for the near future but not sure yet on a mobile side. I'd have to think about what information is pertinent to display for mobile.

zakyr

How do you turn the mobile version off on an iPhone?