2011 Turner 5spot; first ride 02/05/2012 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good to hear the frame is a lot better.

I actually probably should get the shock rebuilt this year, haven't done anything to it since I got it! Or maybe I should toss it and find something on clearance or just get the Push'd model. It has actually served me fine for what I am doing with it and once I figured out the pressures, I haven't bottomed it out since.

Gonna start road riding this weekend to start getting my legs and lungs back in shape. RAW season starts next week already.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

I was having the same problem with my RP23. Compensated by running more air pressure. Sent it to PUSH this winter. Only been out for one ride, but seems to make a noticeable difference.

Wish I had seen the DIY mod. Would have save quite a few bucks .

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Have 4 rides on it now, and absolutely LOVE it. The only change I have made so far is swap out to a slightly longer stem. The bike climbs way better than any FS bike should and handles great. I am really shocked by how much easier tight switch-backs are on this bike vs my old 5spot. Taking off from work around noon today and going to get ride number 5 in at Case MT. Going to explore a bit over by the res.

My only real complaint with the Fix RP-23 shock that came with the frame. With the sag properly setup I am still blowing through all of the travel on small hits. This is a fairly common complaint with this shock and I have found an easy mod on MTBR to reduce the air volume in the air can by adding a shim. I am going to give this a try before I consider sending the shock off to PUSH or just replacing it with a PUSD’d RockShox Monarch.

Here is a link to the RP-23 mod, I believe it will also work on a DHX Air
    http://forums.mtbr.com/turner/dw-5-s...od-503070.html

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Good to hear the frame is a lot better.

I actually probably should get the shock rebuilt this year, haven't done anything to it since I got it! Or maybe I should toss it and find something on clearance or just get the Push'd model. It has actually served me fine for what I am doing with it and once I figured out the pressures, I haven't bottomed it out since.

Gonna start road riding this weekend to start getting my legs and lungs back in shape. RAW season starts next week already.
    The last I checked PUSH won't work on the DHX Air. The equivilant RS model is the Monarch Plus, which everyone raves about but costs $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    I was having the same problem with my RP23. Compensated by running more air pressure. Sent it to PUSH this winter. Only been out for one ride, but seems to make a noticeable difference.

If the DIY mod dosnt work I am not going to want to wait for PUSH to fit my RP-23 in the schedule. I will either just buy a pre-PUSH'd Monarch or may be a CaneCreek Double Barrel Air.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    The last I checked PUSH won't work on the DHX Air. The equivilant RS model is the Monarch Plus, which everyone raves about but costs $$$$
    I think Fox is the only one that will touch it, if their name wasn't on it they probably wouldn't either.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Just finished a ride a Case and all I can say is holy crap this bike kicks a$$. All of my ride prior to today have been very XC type tides on smooth flowy single track at Robinson. And the new 5spot was great on those trails. Today was the first techy ride and this bike just keeps on impressing me more and more each time I ride it. Obviously it pedals great with the DW Link, but the feel and handling of the bike are even more impressive. All that combined with a big beefy 36mm stanchioned fork up front and the bike goes exactly where I want it to. Little tricky rocky climbs that sometimes give me problems seemed much easier today.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post

Just did this DIY mod, took me all of 10 minutes. Going to test it out tomorrow morning and will report back.

Just got back from a ride and tested out the DIY shim mod, worked great! Very noticeable difference

Thread Information