• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineReplay

jimmywilson69

I've been using it for 2 seasons I think it works just fine. Free version shows which runs/lifts I took and calcs vertical feet and speed. What else do you need?

@gmuccini, I didn't realize you could link to a webpage like you are in your sig. that's cool.

emmaurice2

With my old phone AR wouldn't record jumps. I just got a new phone which now lets AR record jumps. After using it today, I will say that the jump recording is way off. It says I only had 2, but I counted 8. The two memorable ones didn't register.

gmcunni

@gmuccini, I didn't realize you could link to a webpage like you are in your sig. that's cool.

it is one of the "bugs" that irritates me. you have to use a "guest" URL if you want anonymous (not on AR) people to see your stat sheets. the COPY feature on the site doesn't work for this. i used to get an email after my session was loaded and that email has the guest link but those emails have stopped coming in. now i have to grab an old link and manually update it with the new session # to create my own links that i use in the sig. a lot of work for a silly sig.

gmcunni

I've been using it for 2 seasons I think it works just fine. Free version shows which runs/lifts I took and calcs vertical feet and speed. What else do you need?

btw, the AR link in your sig takes me to my own session list, not yours. not sure what happens to someone who isn't registered.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
With my old phone AR wouldn't record jumps. I just got a new phone which now lets AR record jumps. After using it today, I will say that the jump recording is way off. It says I only had 2, but I counted 8. The two memorable ones didn't register.
My guess would be the recording of jumps was kind of meant for the park crowd. Jumps on fabricated ramped up jumps would be much easier for the accelerometer to pick up than catching air over a rollover on a groomer.

gmcunni

nice, i see from your session you got a lot of runs in this morning.. i'm jealous.. my snow activity so far today has been to clear a path for the dog and blow the driveway.

emmaurice2

nice, i see from your session you got a lot of runs in this morning.. i'm jealous.. my snow activity so far today has been to clear a path for the dog and blow the driveway.

It was really good today and I didn't have to get back to the office as early as usual.

I like the way Mohawk is skiing this year.

Had to do all the shoveling and roof-raking when I got home. Driving was extremely tense!

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
My guess would be the recording of jumps was kind of meant for the park crowd. Jumps on fabricated ramped up jumps would be much easier for the accelerometer to pick up than catching air over a rollover on a groomer.

Its not always accurate with park jumps. A few trips ago my last run was through the park and when I checked my stats it didn't record any jumps despite hitting some decent sized kickers.

BeefyBoy50

Thats a dumb name. Hopefully the free version of the app still retains most of its functionality.
I use the free version in conjunction with ski tracks. Ski tracks was only 99 cents and lets me see maps by GPS but alpine replay definitely has more accurate speed recording. I started this when my friend was recorded at 70 at elk using ski tracks. I was with him that day, and it was so slushy that you couldn't break 50 anywhere on mountain.
Besides, I've verified alpine replay to be accurate along with a car speedometer at speeds up to 122 mph ;) Using the two apps in conjunction doesn't really seem to drain my battery any faster but it does help get more data without paying the subscription fees to AR.

BeefyBoy50

Also, I was wondering if any of you had suggestions for similar apps that could be used for mountain biking (mainly cross-country singletrack). I got the feeling that Strava is only for road biking so I haven't downloaded it

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Thats a dumb name. Hopefully the free version of the app still retains most of its functionality.
I use the free version in conjunction with ski tracks. Ski tracks was only 99 cents and lets me see maps by GPS but alpine replay definitely has more accurate speed recording. I started this when my friend was recorded at 70 at elk using ski tracks. I was with him that day, and it was so slushy that you couldn't break 50 anywhere on mountain.
Besides, I've verified alpine replay to be accurate along with a car speedometer at speeds up to 122 mph ;) Using the two apps in conjunction doesn't really seem to drain my battery any faster but it does help get more data without paying the subscription fees to AR.

I had anomilies with ski tracks, I was wondering if a plug in Bad Elf GPS reciever would help as Ski Tacks uses cell towers.
Elk area cell network is a little more sketchy than say Camelback .

skiNEwhere

The actual tracker looks pretty cool but man $200 bones is expensive for a GPS receiver.

I think half the point of the receiver was to offload the battery usage from the phone. Alpine replay on the phone is a battery whore.

moresnow

I think half the point of the receiver was to offload the battery usage from the phone. Alpine replay on the phone is a battery whore.
Agreed. If I'm running it I try to put the phone on airplane mode and then turn on GPS. Most mts have crappy cell service. I find that is a real battery drain.