• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wtb; race ski

gmcunni

If you really intend to rip these at high speeds on solid surfaces a "demo" binding may not be your best choice.

i'm not really a ripper. i just want something for the hardpack days and the very occasional nastar run when my kids want to do it.

Cheese

i'm not really a ripper. i just want something for the hardpack days and the very occasional nastar run when my kids want to do it.

Doh! This changes things a bit. I wouldn't recommend a race stock GS ski for all day/all mountain. Race stock skis will be great in the Nastar course, but once you're done those runs, a race ski will be a handful for the remainder of the day. Even the womens models are going to be rough in bumps and crud and that's what the majority of NE resorts turn into by mid day. I also wouldn't recommend a fat ski for this purpose but there are plenty of recommendations from others to use a fat ski for this purpose in an alternate thread. If I were you, I'd take the Progressor advice.

Madroch

Look a the Fischer WC RC (or its successor)-- supposedly one step down from the cheater-- I love em-- ride on rails on ice, very stable at higher speeds, and relatively versatile for such a stable ski....