Wishful thinking 10 days out

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wishful thinking 10 days out

I look at accuweather forecasts because they give 15 days out. Not that I take too that long range too serious but looking at this http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/dov...489?view=table
    It would be nice if it was even half accurate for the snowfall forecasts for Feb 17-18. For what it's worth weather.com shows snow then too but I know it has no reliability that far out.

If the link changes a few days out currently it's predicting 22 inches over those two days as of 545pm 2-9-12

/Shawangunk_Ridge NY 60 miles away from the Catskills
    Please please com's true.

Oh it will come true.

I'm blacked out that weekend/week.

I wish, but I've noticed that their forecasts change significantly over three day periods or so.

With (hopefully) doctor's clearance on the 15th for my son's injuries, a storm for that weekend would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    Oh it will come true.

I'm blacked out that weekend/week.
    That's ok. You can take one for the team on this one. it will still pay dividends when you do get back up

The models right now have it a tad south for north NE to get the goods but I know crap about models and its still a ways out so who knows. My sons and I will be doing the NEK tour prez wk again so we got our fingers crossed.
    Calvin and Hobbes: Do we brave the descent, risk demise, and experience the flood of somatic sensation that screams we are alive, gloriously alive, however temporarily?????

2013:
    0 tarpon

We picked up vouchers for Stratton next weekend. Not my favorite place to ski by any stretch, but we figured it would be a good choice with their grooming/snow making capabilities. If this storm clips Southern VT, that would be peachy.

Quote Originally Posted by tarponhead View Post
    The models right now have it a tad south for north NE to get the goods but I know crap about models and its still a ways out so who knows.
    As per usual this year I cant seem to find weather wonks in any agreement on this one. It's an IF at this point whether or not this 2/17 to 2/18 thing comes together of course, but I've seen everything from 1" tops to 6" to 12" possible for n.VT. All depends on what the individual is predicting. Regardless of how much precip. there is, I hope temps do come in colder than they're expecting though, for the s.VT folk's sake.
    THINK SNOW!

Thread Information