• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

GoPro HD for $160

bvibert

Staff member
The motor sports edition comes with a suction cup mount, and some of the adhesive mounts (IIRC), that's the one that I got.

gmcunni

helmet kit -
683x426_HelmetMain.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
The motorsports kit also has the vertical mount buckle (the part the camera case attaches to, that snaps into the different mounts. It's needed to mount the camera vertically, like on the chest strap (but I think the chest strap comes with one too).

Not sure if I'd trust that head band mount anyway. I'm pretty sure I bought the other helmet mount (they're not expensive), but I don't think I've used it.

gmcunni

The motorsports kit also has the vertical mount buckle (the part the camera case attaches to, that snaps into the different mounts. It's needed to mount the camera vertically, like on the chest strap (but I think the chest strap comes with one too).

Not sure if I'd trust that head band mount anyway. I'm pretty sure I bought the other helmet mount (they're not expensive), but I don't think I've used it.

i talked to a kid on the lift @ sundown who was rockin' the head band. he only used it because the sticky mount broke. he said it resulted in some shaky video due to the play in the straps. i'm mostly interested in the strap that goes through the vents of the helmet. i don't like the idea of a permanent sticky pad on my pristine white helmet.

bvibert

Staff member
I didn't like the idea of the adhesive mount either, but it worked out just fine for me.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
i just used the sticky mount on my helmet, works fine so far, i even hit it on a bunch of branches and crap at MRG last weekend and it stayed on

bvibert

Staff member
Also, with the motorsport version you have the opportunity to take some sweet video of you doing some sick 4 wheeling in the Jeep!