Week of Feb 27 to March 3 -- 2012 - Page 14

AlpineZone

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Saturday's outlook is a realy pissah. I'm not happy about that at all. Especially since I can't get out until Sunday. Ugh! Sunday may be a reverse half day. If the winds are bad...may not bother.
    Saturday's winds in some places are now forecast to be over 100mph*.

If Sunday's winds are bad, I'm certainly not going to Vermont, but I dont think wind will be a problem on Sunday. Of course, now it also makes one wonder what 80mph winds on Saturday are going to do to the conditions for Sunday and Monday.

Oh noez, even more analysis paralysis!!!!!

For Jay Peak:
    Strong and damaging winds, with a south wind 75 to 80 mph decreasing to between 35 and 40 mph. Winds could gust as high as 115 mph.
    THINK SNOW!

Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Saturday's winds in some places are now forecast to be over 100mph*.

If Sunday's winds are bad, I'm certainly not going to Vermont, but I dont think wind will be a problem on Sunday. Of course, now it also makes one wonder what 80mph winds on Saturday are going to do to the conditions for Sunday and Monday.

Oh noez, even more analysis paralysis!!!!!

For Jay Peak:
    http://www.liftopia.com/resort_detai...NumberOfDays=1 you cant beat that deal $12 dollar for friday at Platty and you get powder and their chairs are still go up when others can not

I propose we send a keg of <Insert your favorite brew here> to each metorologist who blasphemes Ullr, perhaps the forecast will be adjusted appropriately.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

It is puking big time in Andover Mass. And not a hill in sight. Hitting the road in 55 mins.
    Sent from my TACPOD (Tactical Airborne Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence Pod) using Satellite TADIL J Alternate Gateway Controller (Alternate STGC) via Blackjack

It's hovering around single digits at Saddleback with 8-9 inches already on the ground and it's low density blower.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    you cant beat that deal $12 dollar for friday at Platty
    That is an absolutely badazz deal, AND it will be all powder since the mountain is closed today. Most likely 8" to 11". A no-brainer if you're NY/NJ and can ski tomorrow.
    THINK SNOW!

Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    That is an absolutely badazz deal, AND it will be all powder since the mountain is closed today. Most likely 8" to 11". A no-brainer if you're NY/NJ and can ski tomorrow.
    Just saw on FB over a foot of powder at Platty I hope some Alpine members get the good stuff, I need to see pictures of it please/

People skied down the access road today. Why, I do know. We did get some good snow amounts today.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...14512941_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Awesome conditions today at Gore. Snowed all day. Lots of powder and fun! There has to be almost a foot total. They are saying they are 100% open now. If you like glades now is the time! They are primed and ready to go. Tomorrow should be a great combination of groomers, bumps, glades, powder...you name it. I would think it holds true everywhere up here in the Daks, Green and White Mountains, Catskills ,etc.

Saturday..well..let's just say I'm glad I'm heading home. With the temps they are calling for I don't know where you can go to avoid the rain. They are even calling for T-storms!

I skied in similar conditions at Killington a few years back. Had a decent day before and then it rained all day, then very windy then got cold overnight and we got a little snow, which saved it somewhat. My daughter and I went skiing but it was "challenging". There was an icy crust on the slopes and they tried to break it up resulting in lots of icy bits and pieces. We got thru it but it wasn't easy. My daughter wasn't used to skiing on that kind of hard ice and complained constantly.

Try and ski something/somewhere tomorrow because anywhere you go will be better than this weekend. Gore is calling tomorrow "best day of the season" on their website. I'm eating breakfast at the Lodge and want to be there when the lifts and gondola opens.

Good luck wherever you are. Maybe they will be wrong on Saturday. One can only hope. Damn shame because it's so nice now.

All Maine TV mets calling for almost all snow in the mountains with sleet for a bit then ending in snow again. Luck. Calling 4+ inches. South of Route 2 will see more of a mix to nfp late. Just watched 10pm newscast WGME. wabi and wcsh reported same earlier.

Thread Information