• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's playing hookey on Friday?

Cornhead

It's 4:30pm here@ Platty, and the lifts are still spinning. How could anyone not love this place?

Platty is by far my fave in the Cats, why did I wait so long to go there?....idiot. So glad I finally did. Yes, what's not to love? The steeps? The trees? The cheap ticket deals? The lack of crowds? The awesome vibe?

Okay, the slow lifts, my home hill is Greek Peak, our lifts are not only slow, they've been known to drop globs of grease onto their riders, yay!

Tooth

Thanx Scotty !!

Yeah skiing with the Queen is a real treat for me. Just as big a deal as skiing with my adult children and of course "da GrandboyS". and My regular buddies in our "RED" group ski posse .

The Queen skis primarily on blubird days in late Feb and March after MY RED group Posse leaves for Florida at the beginning of March . She favors gentle cruisers now since she had surgery for a nasty inside the boot ankle break a couple of years ago. I'm just very happy that she is still skiing and is very willing to go with me EVEN if she isn't skiing -- she's a great partner --- i'm a lucky ole fart :D:D

here's a shot of her skiing yesterday

Thats what it is all about.

Wavewheeler

Thurs. morning was POW time at K. Everyone showed up Fri, (it was like a weekend). They missed the best of it.

Thursday was definitely the better of the two days if you are into the powder. Friday was better for those who like groomers/packed powder...and there was some trails left "untouched". I went down a few and it was like Thursday again. :)