Who's playing hookey on Friday? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Plattekill is calling it 10-14" and it was not tracked today.
    Any mixing at all?

I have every Thursday and Friday off. Ah..What great timing! Already here at Gore!

Have fun everyone!

No need, I've been skiing the Mad River Valley all week, MRG Monday, Sugarbush Tuesday and Wednesday, back to MRG for Thursday and Friday. I was more or less assigned this week off by my boss, should I bring her a gift when I return to work?

I'm actually considering hitting Platty on the way home completing the circle, I started my vacation there last Saturday. If Whiteface wasn't experiencing wind holds last Sunday, it would be seven full days in a row. I don't think I've ever done that before. I need to get back to work so I can rest!

This week has definitely salvaged my season, I'll never forget it, what a week!

It's 4:30pm here@ Platty, and the lifts are still spinning. How could anyone not love this place?

4:30! They closed the lifts at Gore at 3:45 and I was PISSED! It's still light out for another 2 hours and the conditions were awesome! No More Gore!!

It was a great two days! Tomorrow it's time to head home.

But what a great day it was!

$$teaux was marvelous today. Pow and pp every where. And I meanEVERYWHERE. Entirely wiped out by 3pm.
    Jp on sat. To hell with a little rain! It's yhe winds of greater concern.

Already had planned to take yesterday off a couple weeks ago. Great timing. Had an unbelievable day in knee deep powder at an undisclosed secret spot! Best day of the year for sure! Gotta love them Line Prophet 100's on a pow day!
    skiing is not just an activity, it is a lifestyle!

Ditto me and the Queen were playin in the powski all day too ! Conditions were superb and many trails left ungroomed

about 2 ish snow started getting a mite heavy --------but just change the technique a bit made the adjustment and was able to continue blasting down slopes . Big grins on both of us at the end of the day !!

Today windy as hell , some rain overnite so we'll see what tomorrow brings -- if not then then Monday or the next good day
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp Daddy View Post
    Ditto me and the Queen were playin in the powski all day too ! Conditions were superb and many trails left ungroomed

about 2 ish snow started getting a mite heavy --------but just change the technique a bit made the adjustment and was able to continue blasting down slopes . Big grins on both of us at the end of the day !!

Today windy as hell , some rain overnite so we'll see what tomorrow brings -- if not then then Monday or the next good day
    I am glad you got your powder fix in with your wife i love that you both love to ski reminds me of my dad little bit before he had to quit,skiing (MS) but that is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    I am glad you got your powder fix in with your wife i love that you both love to ski reminds me of my dad little bit before he had to quit,skiing (MS) but that is life.
    Thanx Scotty !!

Yeah skiing with the Queen is a real treat for me. Just as big a deal as skiing with my adult children and of course "da GrandboyS". and My regular buddies in our "RED" group ski posse .

The Queen skis primarily on blubird days in late Feb and March after MY RED group Posse leaves for Florida at the beginning of March . She favors gentle cruisers now since she had surgery for a nasty inside the boot ankle break a couple of years ago. I'm just very happy that she is still skiing and is very willing to go with me EVEN if she isn't skiing -- she's a great partner --- i'm a lucky ole fart

here's a shot of her skiing yesterday
    Last edited by Warp Daddy; May 9, 2012 at 3:12 PM.
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Thread Information