• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's playing hookey on Friday?

frapcap

This storm looks like it'll be bringing some damned decent snow fall to the mountains. After last weeks spread, this accumulation should make for the best conditions yet since last season!

So, who's getting "sick?"
What is your go-to excuse when calling the boss on the drive up or from the chair lift?
:puke:

Warp Daddy

Got No Need yee haa

My FT job now is having phun

------------Got no boss - ( 'cept the Queen of the Hop :D:D ) - - so got beaucoup time !!!!

hammer

thinking magic friday, hopefully they don't open on Thursday for a POW day.
Also thinking Magic on Friday. Have clearance from the DW because we will likely not head up to Loon on Saturday to ski in the NCP.

I see that Magic has a good amount of advanced/expert stuff but is there enough available that I would not get in over my head on?

Last edited:

xwhaler

I see that Magic has a good amount of advanced/expert stuff but is there enough available that I would not get in over my head on?

For sure, the east side is great for cruising and Wizard on the west side is a great classic new england blue. Plenty of stuff for all ability levels

hammer

For sure, the east side is great for cruising and Wizard on the west side is a great classic new england blue. Plenty of stuff for all ability levels
I've seen videos of Wizard...seems like a nice trail to check out for the views even if I don't feel comfortable with venturing off into the steeper stuff.

Packing bag tonight and will keep an eye out for the weather. :snow:

farlep99

Not only Wizard, but Medium, Up Your Sleeve & Vertigo are really cool runs too. And some of the greens ski like blues in other places. Lower Magic Carpet is great with Fresh snow as is Kinderspiel. Plenty of not so steep terrain to work with. Some cool lower angle glades to be found as well if you're into that.

frapcap

Wachusett late tomorrow, Sugarbush Friday, and Smuggs Saturday.
Gotta make up for missing last week.

The Sneak

I've been sick all week but am on the mend. So maybe I will take a day off friday. I would be solo and BEast or Magic bound.

reefer

Today and tomorrow.......moderate snow at Stratton right now. Have to come home for a funeral Friday.....ugh.