• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's playing hookey on Friday?

ssusca

Looks like its Magic for Me tomorrow. Gotta get out of there by 2 though, so its an early day. Better than being at work though.

emmaurice2

I've seen videos of Wizard...seems like a nice trail to check out for the views even if I don't feel comfortable with venturing off into the steeper stuff.

Packing bag tonight and will keep an eye out for the weather. :snow:

I don't ski anything steeper than the single blacks at Magic and I always have a great time and get just enough challenge that I feel like I'm pushing myself. Lots of places for great views at the top.

I doubt I can get up there tomorrow, though. :sadwalk:

makimono

I swapped days, Friday for Saturday.

Will be at Magic tomorrow and no matter how hard the Thursday crew tries to track everything out I have at least 1 secret shot that I snuck off and trimmed by myself in September. :smash:

Cornhead

No need, I've been skiing the Mad River Valley all week, MRG Monday, Sugarbush Tuesday and Wednesday, back to MRG for Thursday and Friday. I was more or less assigned this week off by my boss, should I bring her a gift when I return to work?

I'm actually considering hitting Platty on the way home completing the circle, I started my vacation there last Saturday. If Whiteface wasn't experiencing wind holds last Sunday, it would be seven full days in a row. I don't think I've ever done that before. I need to get back to work so I can rest!

This week has definitely salvaged my season, I'll never forget it, what a week!

Wavewheeler

4:30! They closed the lifts at Gore at 3:45 and I was PISSED! It's still light out for another 2 hours and the conditions were awesome! No More Gore!! :cry:

It was a great two days! Tomorrow it's time to head home. :sadwalk:

But what a great day it was! :spread:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
$$teaux was marvelous today. Pow and pp every where. And I meanEVERYWHERE. Entirely wiped out by 3pm.
Jp on sat. To hell with a little rain! It's yhe winds of greater concern.

Terry

Already had planned to take yesterday off a couple weeks ago. Great timing. Had an unbelievable day in knee deep powder at an undisclosed secret spot! Best day of the year for sure! Gotta love them Line Prophet 100's on a pow day!

Warp Daddy

Ditto me and the Queen were playin in the powski all day too ! Conditions were superb and many trails left ungroomed

about 2 ish snow started getting a mite heavy --------but just change the technique a bit made the adjustment and was able to continue blasting down slopes . Big grins on both of us at the end of the day !!

Today windy as hell , some rain overnite so we'll see what tomorrow brings -- if not then then Monday or the next good day :D:D

ScottySkis

Ditto me and the Queen were playin in the powski all day too ! Conditions were superb and many trails left ungroomed

about 2 ish snow started getting a mite heavy --------but just change the technique a bit made the adjustment and was able to continue blasting down slopes . Big grins on both of us at the end of the day !!

Today windy as hell , some rain overnite so we'll see what tomorrow brings -- if not then then Monday or the next good day :D:D
I am glad you got your powder fix in with your wife i love that you both love to ski reminds me of my dad little bit before he had to quit,skiing (MS) but that is life.

Warp Daddy

I am glad you got your powder fix in with your wife i love that you both love to ski reminds me of my dad little bit before he had to quit,skiing (MS) but that is life.

Thanx Scotty !!

Yeah skiing with the Queen is a real treat for me. Just as big a deal as skiing with my adult children and of course "da GrandboyS". and My regular buddies in our "RED" group ski posse .

The Queen skis primarily on blubird days in late Feb and March after MY RED group Posse leaves for Florida at the beginning of March . She favors gentle cruisers now since she had surgery for a nasty inside the boot ankle break a couple of years ago. I'm just very happy that she is still skiing and is very willing to go with me EVEN if she isn't skiing -- she's a great partner --- i'm a lucky ole fart :D:D

here's a shot of her skiing yesterday

Last edited: