• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Davy Jones-RIP

JimG.

Staff member
Just heard that Davy Jones, lead singer of the Monkees, died today at 66 from a heart attack.

When I was a kid I lived for Saturday mornings when I could watch that show.

Feeling pretty bummed.

WakeboardMom

Just heard that Davy Jones, lead singer of the Monkees, died today at 66 from a heart attack.

When I was a kid I lived for Saturday mornings when I could watch that show.

Feeling pretty bummed.

Was that a cartoon? I don't remember that.

I do remember watching the show...on Monday nights? I was 9 when it debuted in 1966.

JimG.

Staff member
Was that a cartoon? I don't remember that.

I do remember watching the show...on Monday nights? I was 9 when it debuted in 1966.

Not a cartoon...a sitcom with alot of musical performances. The shows aired on Saturday mornings.

I was 8 when it debuted...46 years ago. That's why I'm bummed.

But I have to admit deadheadskier's post about getting dusted by a 65 year old skier made me feel alot better.

SkiDork

Sorry Jim - the Monkees original air time was Mondays at 7:30. Syndicated reruns were on Saturday mornings. Wakeboardmom had it correct.

see this website for more info: http://www.tvparty.com/fall67.html

What a great lineup in the late 60s, almost all those shows are classics

Last edited:

WakeboardMom

Sorry Jim - the Monkees original air time was Mondays at 7:30. Syndicated reruns were on Saturday mornings. Wakeboardmom had it correct.

I thought maybe there was a cartoon series on Saturday mornings, as the Beatles had one. Either that or Jim was younger than me and the re-runs were on Saturday mornings...as some of my FB friends are posting they watched the Monkees on Nick at Night.

Re: "late 60's" I remember my parents loved Rowan and Martin's Laugh In. ; )

JimG.

Staff member

So I'm old and senile too...at least I still kill it on the slopes.

Warp Daddy

LOL...I got 3 outta four...I'm old, senile and on the slopes. I ain't killin' it. ; )

Indeed. That was some funny stuff. : )

"May the bluebird of happiness fly up your nose and sprinkle your Bippy with Perd Dust !!!!!!!!!!! "

Classic Dick Martin line

Gladys ( Ruth Buzzi) was awesome

WakeboardMom

"May the bluebird of happiness fly up your nose and sprinkle your Bippy with Perd Dust !!!!!!!!!!! "

Classic Dick Martin line

Gladys ( Ruth Buzzi) was awesome

I agree. Joanne Worley was annoying. Goldie Hawn was adorable. My favorite was Lily Tomlin as Ernestine.

Warp Daddy

One Ringy Dingy -Two Ringy Dingys " Ah have i reached the party to whom i am speaking -- " snort snort" as she tickled her cleavage :D:D:D -- classic

Warp Daddy

One Ringy Dingy -Two Ringy Dingys " Ah have i reached the party to whom i am speaking -- " snort snort" as she tickled her cleavage :D:D:D -- classic

"Here at the Phone Company we handle eighty-four billion calls a year. Serving everyone from presidents and kings to scum of the earth. (snort) We realize that every so often you can't get an operator, for no apparent reason your phone goes out of order [snatches plug out of switchboard], or perhaps you get charged for a call you didn't make. We don't care. Watch this [bangs on a switch panel like a cheap piano] just lost Peoria. (snort) You see, this phone system consists of a multibillion-dollar matrix of space-age technology that is so sophisticated, even we can't handle it. But that's your problem, isn't it ? Next time you complain about your phone service, why don't you try using two Dixie cups with a string. We don't care. We don't have to. (snort) We're the Phone Company!"

-- Lily Tomlin from "Saturday Night Live: The First 20 Years" (1994 Cader Company).