• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How much rain on Saturday?

ScottySkis

I hope every one can get out, before saturday, but i think well have some nice corn snow soon.

BenedictGomez

They're calling for 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch for almost the entire east. Wind might end up being more of a factor than rain though.

Tooth

Channel 5 met just report that the Maine mountains will get all snow with a chance of snow/mix/snow. I hope hes right.

Bene288

I just noticed that as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday.

Me too, my uncle from NJ and I had planned a trip to Gore on Saturday, looks like that's slim to none right now. Who knows though, the weather has changed within 6 hours notice more than once this year.

abc

He said the "r" word......
There's rain of a few drops once every hour. There's also steady non-stop soaking wet drizzle for hours on end (that's not counting buckets load of rain)

For the former, I'm perfecttly happy to ski in it. For the letter, I'll stay home.

So what's it likely be for the Cats, Gore or point north?

SKIQUATTRO

should be fun standing on the hill starting a race tomorrow....might have have to throw the poncho over the gear :)

BenedictGomez

The NAM (which is decent short term) is coming in colder! If you go far north, there's a chance this will be all snow. I'll take "a chance", as this was a 100% rain/sleet event just a day ago. Pray to Ullr.

ScottySkis

The NAM (which is decent short term) is coming in colder! If you go far north, there's a chance this will be all snow. I'll take "a chance", as this was a 100% rain/sleet event just a day ago. Pray to Ullr.
Glad you got to Platty today was it powder runs all day. Have great time tomorrow weather looking much better for this weekend now.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ambiguous at best. I will be at jp. You don't know unless you go. Most of the ti
me peeps will report "much better than expected. Non-groomers will ski best. Enjoy everyone.

BenedictGomez

Glad you got to Platty today was it powder runs all day.

Wasntt really powder. They got about 5 inches, then about 1/2 inch ice, then about another 5 inches on top. So it actually skied better as the day went on and people broke that tiny ice layer. Lots of snow for sure though. They groomed a lot of the mountain though, especially for Platty, probably to either bust up that 1/2 inch ice, or to add to the base. You could find natural in places too narrow or too steep to groom though.

En route to n.VT now. Taking tomorrow off, may ice fish! Then skiing Sun + Mon.