• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2012 Closings

snowmonster

Left Jay after lunch. Liftie at Stateside says that today is the last day. Website still says that next weekend is still up in the air. We shall see. Based on today's conditions (mid-winter, hardpack/bulletproof almost) and the cover on Jet and Haynes up to the lift, if the weather holds, Jay can make it. But, what do I know?

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Left Jay after lunch. Liftie at Stateside says that today is the last day. Website still says that next weekend is still up in the air. We shall see. Based on today's conditions (mid-winter, hardpack/bulletproof almost) and the cover on Jet and Haynes up to the lift, if the weather holds, Jay can make it. But, what do I know?

Thanks Snowmonster.

Snowed overnight at Jay...and Ottawa. 5cm on the ground here.

Here is my Monday update...

Monday morning April snow … but no one is spinning this morning – East Closing Thread 2012 – Part 7

http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2012...this-morning-east-closing-thread-2012-part-7/

5cm on the ground in Ottawa. No one has been spinning within a 100km of here since March 21.

Killington is done.

Jay will announced later midweek about if they'll be open.

MSS announced that they will be open next weekend.

So it's down to 2 in the East.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
The only opening I was expecting this late was the Autoroad....then Seven Springs announced that they will open for one day tomorrow. I didn't check Ottawa's locals...anyway, snow turned to rain and the 5cm is gone.

MadPat Blog update:
Update 3pm: No one is spinning today, but with the new snow, Seven Springs (Pennsylvania) which has been closed for weeks will spin tomorrow for one day only.

ScottySkis

The only opening I was expecting this late was the Autoroad....then Seven Springs announced that they will open for one day tomorrow. I didn't check Ottawa's locals...anyway, snow turned to rain and the 5cm is gone.

MadPat Blog update:

I hope to hear some great reports from PA tomorrow.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Again...posting it in both places. Besides being obsess with skiing, I'm obsess with documenting stuff and this is the appropriate thread.

Title of the thread says it all.

Mont St-Sauveur saves the ‘May’ and is last to spin again – Eastern Closing Thread Part 9
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2012...-to-spin-again-eastern-closing-thread-part-9/

MSS is again last to spin and makes it to May.

Personally I don't care about titles...I'm just happy someone is spinning in May.