2012 Closings - Page 37

AlpineZone

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: 2012 Closings

Your wish is my command... But, I'll get to it on Monday.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    Your wish is my command... But, I'll get to it on Monday.
    No sweet I'm currently working on my Easter weekend TR. I haven't started the one from last weekend at Jay.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography

Left Jay after lunch. Liftie at Stateside says that today is the last day. Website still says that next weekend is still up in the air. We shall see. Based on today's conditions (mid-winter, hardpack/bulletproof almost) and the cover on Jet and Haynes up to the lift, if the weather holds, Jay can make it. But, what do I know?
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    Left Jay after lunch. Liftie at Stateside says that today is the last day. Website still says that next weekend is still up in the air. We shall see. Based on today's conditions (mid-winter, hardpack/bulletproof almost) and the cover on Jet and Haynes up to the lift, if the weather holds, Jay can make it. But, what do I know?
    Thanks Snowmonster.

Snowed overnight at Jay...and Ottawa. 5cm on the ground here.

Here is my Monday update...

Monday morning April snow but no one is spinning this morning East Closing Thread 2012 Part 7

http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2012/...d-2012-part-7/

5cm on the ground in Ottawa. No one has been spinning within a 100km of here since March 21.

Killington is done.

Jay will announced later midweek about if they'll be open.

MSS announced that they will be open next weekend.

So it's down to 2 in the East.
    Ski Mad World

The only opening I was expecting this late was the Autoroad....then Seven Springs announced that they will open for one day tomorrow. I didn't check Ottawa's locals...anyway, snow turned to rain and the 5cm is gone.

MadPat Blog update:
    Update 3pm: No one is spinning today, but with the new snow, Seven Springs (Pennsylvania) which has been closed for weeks will spin tomorrow for one day only.
    Ski Mad World

Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!
    Quote Originally Posted by MadPatSki View Post
    The only opening I was expecting this late was the Autoroad....then Seven Springs announced that they will open for one day tomorrow. I didn't check Ottawa's locals...anyway, snow turned to rain and the 5cm is gone.

MadPat Blog update:
    I hope to hear some great reports from PA tomorrow.

Posted in the KOS thread, but one should be update alos. Jay closed on Sunday April 29.

For the first time in at least 38 years, there will be no liftserved skiing in May.

One ski area might be able to save it for May in the East.

May not in Vermont…May be a Saviour in Quebec : Eastern Closing Thread Part 9
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2012/...thread-part-9/
    Ski Mad World

Again...posting it in both places. Besides being obsess with skiing, I'm obsess with documenting stuff and this is the appropriate thread.

Title of the thread says it all.

Mont St-Sauveur saves the ‘May’ and is last to spin again – Eastern Closing Thread Part 9
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2012/...thread-part-9/

MSS is again last to spin and makes it to May.

Personally I don't care about titles...I'm just happy someone is spinning in May.
    Ski Mad World

Thread Information