• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2012 Closings

jimmywilson69

Ski Liberty and Ski whitetail, located in south central PA, barely made it into March. Both have piss poor south easterly exposure and closed as of yesterday. They fought hard, but the temps, rain and sun angle were too much last week. Their sister resort Ski Roundtop may make snow tonight, but I have heard that they are closing next sunday after their beach party.

Anywhere else closed for the season yet?

snowmonster

Thanks for the info. No offense, but, with the season starting to go onto high gear for a lot of us, this is a thread that, I hope, sinks down in the standings quickly then gets resurrected sometime in late April. I'm hoping for a really back-ended season.

hammer

Thanks for the info. No offense, but, with the season starting to go onto high gear for a lot of us, this is a thread that, I hope, sinks down in the standings quickly then gets resurrected sometime in late April. I'm hoping for a really back-ended season.
I still have some hope for the same but with the season we've had so far I am not surprised to see this thread a bit earlier than usual.

Angus

Blue Hills was kind of a crap show all season according to people who ski there regularly. Too bad, the same management team had really improved things the last couple of years.

mriceyman

Blue Hills was kind of a crap show all season according to people who ski there regularly. Too bad, the same management team had really improved things the last couple of years.
Small place with no snow is bad news

4aprice

I'm not suprised to see those areas closing. They are south of 40N and even in good seasons have trouble keeping snow once March comes around. The next question becomes "what about the Pocono's?" In reality skiing in the Pocono's is only a sure thing between Dec 15 and March 15. Camelback has become aggressive in the last few years and tried to stretch the season out to April. They will be making snow tonight. My last planned day there is the 25th so if they make it to then I'm really happy. Plan to finish off my season from Killington north and with the storms the past couple of weeks I think even with the warm weather should be ok to Easter.

When its all over its going to be very interesting to reflect back on this past season. I believe the weather was as poor as I have ever seen it and yet it looks like we just might make it to Easter. I guess anythings possible but I have a hard time believing we will have another season as rough as this one was next year or anytime soon. Its really remarkable to think how much skiing has been available despite the weather.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

jimmywilson69

Ah, the good old days! It's all good.

That was kind of tounge in Cheek AZ, I'm cool with you.

Hey I mean no harm or Jinx on the season, Just passing the word.

IMO the season was jinxed by the October Snowstorm. Nature fought winter back all season to "balance" tings out.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
That was kind of tounge in Cheek AZ, I'm cool with you.

Hey I mean no harm or Jinx on the season, Just passing the word.

IMO the season was jinxed by the October Snowstorm. Nature fought winter back all season to "balance" tings out.

No problem, I can dish it out, I can take it. In this case, as far as I'm concerned, this sad season is just starting and we still have a couple of months. Soon it'll be the unexpected snowstorm or two, and then some great spring skiing! Sad to see talk of closing, although, fair.