• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ski comparrison tool

57stevey

To be honest, I didn't feel the Bushwacker skied all that differently from my Nordica Afterburners (which I really like, so I guess by extension I really like the BW's?) Hell & Back was a big powerful ski and a bit much for me. I could be happy using the Sentinel as a daily driver (and haven't ruled out a purchase) but it is a little bit cumbersome at slow speeds (like, for me, trees/bumps.) I could own the S3 as top end of a 2-quiver, but not for a daily driver. From what I have read, I think the Legend/Sultan 94 might be right up your alley.

gmcunni

To be honest, I didn't feel the Bushwacker skied all that differently from my Nordica Afterburners (which I really like, so I guess by extension I really like the BW's?)

construction aside, i would think an 84 and an 88 would ski similarly.

57stevey

construction aside, i would think an 84 and an 88 would ski similarly.

Agreed... they are more similar to each other than to say, an AC50. But skis in general are so good now, I'm sure you'll come up with a winner from demoing. Good luck!

gmcunni

What are you buying?

there was no clear winner for me. i'm tired of my nordicas, i want a new everyday driver but i also desperately want something for soft and pow.

if i was being practical i'd probably go with the blizzard bushwacker -88-. tho i don't think the extra 4mm would give me much better performance in soft stuff.

another option would be to get the Blend -100- or the Alibi -98- and keep my old volkl (77) or Nordica (84) for days i need something less wide.

or i could just buy 2 new skis bushwaker + something in 105/110 range

Glenn

Based on that TR...the Bushwacker sounds like a really good ski. I kinda wish I had demo'd those when I took a bunch of skis out.

How did you find the 100mm skis did? Do you think you could use in a ski in that width as a daily driver?

gmcunni

How did you find the 100mm skis did? Do you think you could use in a ski in that width as a daily driver?

other than bumps i could see me on the Blend -100- or Alibi -98- as a daily driver. and the way i ski bumps i don't know that having a wide ski would really matter all that much anyway. in fact, they turn so slow that it might actually force me to learn how to absorb and extend rather than slide and skid the way i do now.

wa-loaf

other than bumps i could see me on the Blend -100- or Alibi -98- as a daily driver. and the way i ski bumps i don't know that having a wide ski would really matter all that much anyway. in fact, they turn so slow that it might actually force me to learn how to absorb and extend rather than slide and skid the way i do now.

I thought the alibi was a pretty good bump ski and I skied the 187. Because of all the rocker they really rotated nicely even though looking at them the tail really seemed like it would be a problem.

Glenn

One of those days, I'll get out there on some 100mm boards and see how they do.